All important Battle Royale titles have received fresh content in the last few days and weeks. Respawn Entertainment is now also adding in Apex Legends.
As the end of the chaos season in Apex Legends draws nearer, the next collection event should provide more supplies in the coming week. This is called “War Games” and should be available from April 13, 2021.
The gathering event initially brings playlist modifiers with it; each of them is initially only active for a few days. A new series of rewards allows you to earn new cosmetic items, including epic rampart and 30-30 repeater skins. There are also five unlockable Battle Pass levels and other XP challenges that are updated daily.
Five modes replace the normal Apex playlists in quick succession:
- Second chance (Tuesday, April 13th to Thursday, April 15th): The first modifier grants all legends a free respawn per game. If a legend is killed, their respawn token is used up and they return to the game with all weapons and equipment in their current position. After a while, the player respawns high in the sky and skydives back into the action.
- Ultra-Zones (Thursday, April 15 through Monday, April 19): Multiple danger zones appear on a single map with more epic loot and gold items. Every danger zone is embedded in a trouble spot. Hot spots are huge, glowing bubbles that regenerate HP and shields when you stand in them. In this mode, consumables are available as usual from the loot pool.
- Car badge (Monday, April 19th to Wednesday, April 21st): As a change with regard to the respawn of squad members, this modifier enables the automatic recovery of the badge cards of squad members. So players don’t have to loot the death box to get badge cards, they can simply go straight to a respawn transmitter. The loot pool has also been adjusted and now contains more mobile respawn transmitters.
- Kill time (Wednesday, April 21st to Friday, April 23rd): This mode speeds up the game when legends fall. If a legend dies in one lap, the lap time is reduced. If a round turns out to be a massacre, the ring closes very quickly. So players will need to keep an eye on the round timer in order to survive this modifier.
- Armor regeneration (Friday, April 23rd to Tuesday, April 27th): The last modifier of “War Games” regenerates twelve points per second over time. If a player suffers damage, armor regeneration begins after a delay of eight seconds. If the player’s armor is cracked, the delay doubles to 16 seconds.
The event will also feature reinterpreted skins with classic looks for Pathfinder, Wraith, Lifeline, Gibraltar, Mirage and Bloodhound.