Have you ever wanted to fight on a dragon like Daenerys in Game of Thrones? Then Century: Age of Ashes is the game for you! Now, in the run-up to the release, further beta dates have been announced.
The dragon rider flight combat game Century: Age of Ashes has already had a test weekend behind it, which was quite successful. Therefore, the developers are now going one step further and today confirmed the dates for the second, much larger beta test phase.
The next closed beta should also run significantly longer and will take place between March 12 and 21, 2021. The feedback from the community was also incorporated into various revisions. There are new matchmaking options and also game modes, improved controls and a free flight mode in which you can practice against the computer first.
Game progress from the previous beta has been reset. However, all experiences, earned currency and activations in the course of this second closed beta will later be transferred to the initially planned early access version. During the beta, the shop for cosmetic items will therefore also be opened, but initially it will not use real money and will only rely on currency earned in the game.
Keyword Early Access: The start of this game version has been postponed again and should now take place in the first week of April. Registrations for the upcoming Closed beta is possible via Steam.
The changes in contrast to the first beta according to official information at a glance:
Matchmaking & game modes
- Introduction of an MMR system in the queue to improve the game balance and put players of the same level in the same games.
- Rookie mode will only be accessible up to level 10
- Adding a Skirmish mode: a best-of-5, 3v3 game mode that will replace ROOKIE mode for level 10 and higher players. All controls will be available at the start of the first round.
- A free flight mode will be available. There, players can familiarize themselves with the controls of the dragon and play against an opposing bot.
Gates of Fire
- Adjustment of the number of rounds to a best-of-3 and an additional 4th round in case of a tie to avoid the XP Draw exploit.
- Reworked the sound design to make the game mode even more epic
- Improved balancing by adding more spawn points for the flag
- General UI / FX improvements to make goals clearer
- Introduction of a system of sanctions for players who leave a game early
- The shop will open! Players can spend the currency they have won on cool items. Real money purchases will not be possible!
- A list of the best will be available
- Global ping improvements
- Improved mouse and keyboard controls
- General sound design improvements to improve the feel of players hitting an opponent
- The progression system has been rebalanced. The goal is to make a level-up feel more like an achievement