News business Digital revenue: Spending totaled $ 127 billion in 2020
A report released by SuperData a few weeks ago revealed that games in digital format had grossed no less than $ 11.5 billion in November 2020. A record monthly revenue and a 15% increase over November 2019. For this month of January, the analyst takes stock of a 2020 year that is still fertile in terms of digital game spending, with a total of $ 127 billion in points.
In 2020, digital game spending increased 12% year over year, reaching $ 127 billion across the three majority platform families. $ 73.8 billion is spent on cell phones. 33.1 billion on PCs, then 19.7 billion on consoles.
In detail, free-to-play spending was 78% of the total, or $ 98.4 billion (+ 9%).
Below is the list of the most profitable premium games in 2020, then the top ten most profitable free spins. Regarding the latter, keep in mind that the $ 73.8 billion spend came from mobile devices (+ 10%), $ 22.7 billion from PCs, and $ 1.8 billion from consoles.
Top 10 premium games with the highest earnings in 2020
Top 10 Most Profitable Free-to-Play Games in 2020
- Honor of the Kings ($ 2.45 million)
- Peacekeeper Elite ($ 2.32 billion)
- Roblox ($ 2.29 billion)
- Free Fire ($ 2.13 billion)
- Pokémon GO ($ 1.92 billion)
- League of Legends ($ 1.75 billion)
- Candy Crush Saga ($ 1.66 billion)
- AFK Arena ($ 1.45 billion)
- Garden Landscapes: New Acres ($ 1.43 billion)
- Dungeon Fighter Online ($ 1.41 billion)
By Tiraxa, Writing from igamesnews.com