Ashes on our heads! Get the bells of shame and the litter, because we made a gross mistake: We have shamefully overlooked the Farthest Frontier, which will be released in 2021! And it presses all the buttons that we and our community love so much: building strategy, medieval times, Stronghold flair and the developers of the great action role-playing game Grim Dawn.
But if you are like us and you have overlooked Farthest Frontier so far, then put the fruit back in your pocket and find out here all important information about the upcoming strategy insider tip.
That is what Farthest Frontier is supposed to offer
The developers are already presenting the first screenshots on the game’s website – and they are impressive! Dreamy medieval villages, wide fields and strong city walls that might evoke memories of the good old Stronghold days in one or the other. But convince yourself and take a look at our gallery:
Farthest Frontier – Screenshots ansehen
Fortunately, there is more to Farthest Frontier than a few pretty pictures. On the Steam page the developers of Crate Entertainment have now revealed a lot about the gameplay. We can look forward to this content:
- Farms and Crafts: Growing food and materials as well as crafting weapons – so far we are talking about 60 different items
- Build and expand: 50 different building types with multiple levels and options for greater efficiency
- Defense: Numerous possibilities to secure the city from attackers (fences, walls, barracks, towers, soldiers)
- Detailed farming system: Various seeds and environmental influences on their fertility (heat, cold, diseases)
- Epidemics and diseases: Clean water, garbage disposal, pied piper and sensible clothing protect your residents from disease
- Economy and environment: Different fertilities depending on the cultivated land that influence your trade and curious animals that want your supplies
When are early access and release due?
Like many upcoming development games, Farthest Frontier will initially land in Early Access on Steam. Target is an unspecified one Period 2021. The most important core mechanics should already be implemented and over 10 hours of gaming time should be available. An EA period of four to eight months is planned, during which feedback is collected and implemented before the developers are “ready to call it fin ished.”
Of course there is no gameplay yet, so we should curb our ecstasy a little more. The developers should have a good feeling, because they have already proven with the action role-playing game Grim Dawn that they can stand up to genre top dogs like Diablo. You can read more about this in our GameStar review on Grim Dawn.
Even more genre tips By the way, Maurice has put together the most exciting upcoming medieval building games for you in his video:
More construction, more middle ages! – 10 tips from Maurice for your Steam wishlist
With the pig strategy game Ymir, we finally have a very special insider tip for you. In our plus guide we give you valuable tips for beginners:
more on the subject
Ymir Guide: This is how you play the building game that unfortunately no one knows
Our building game expert Fabiano also tells you in his column what building games urgently need to do this year in order to stay exciting for him.