Square Enix have announced the next expansion for the MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker will be releasing this November.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Expansion Releases on November 23rd
A few bits of pieces of news was announced during the Final Fantasy XIV Digital Fan Festival 2021 which took place over the weekend, which included the release date for the next expansion Endwalker, the release date for the Final Fantasy XIV Playstation 5 version, new content, plus roadmap for upcoming content. The Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker expansion will be releasing for Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PC via Steam, and Mac on November 23rd.
The Final Fantasy XIV Playstation 5 version will also be launching on May 25th.
Speaking of which…
— FINAL FANTASY XIV (@FF_XIV_EN) May 16, 2021
Pre-Orders & Special Editions
Those who pre-order now will get to join Early Access on November 19th, in-game items Menphina Earring, and a Wind-up Palom Minion. There will be a physical Collector’s Edition which bundles together the Digital Collector’s Edition for PC/Mac, as well as a physical Collector’s Box.
For Playstation 5, Playstation 4 and Steam, the Collector’s Box will be available as a standalone product, while the Digital Collector’s Edition will be available for pre-order via the Playstation Store plus Steam. You can check out the details for the Collector’s Box below:
Final Fantasy XIV Collector’s Box:
- Endwalker Special Art Box
- Expertly Crafted Paladin Figure – An impressive high-quality figure that showcases the Warrior of Light as a paladin using Passage of Arms to shield allies from harm. Including the base, the figure’s dimensions are approximately W 6.10″ x D 8.46″ x H 7.28″ (W 15.5cm x D 21.5cm x H 18.5cm).
- Art Collection and Frame Set – A collection of ten B5-sized (approx. 7.2″ x 10.1″ / 18.2cm x 25.7cm) art prints featuring key visuals from throughout the history of Final Fantasy XIV, from version 1.0 through Endwalker. The set also includes a frame so you can showcase your favorite image.
- Azem Pin – A pin created to mimic the appearance of Azem’s crystal. Designed to fit in the palm of your hand at approximately 1″ x 1.2″ (2.5cm x 3.0cm).
- Loporrit Mini Plush – A mini plush version of a Loporrit. The plush is approximately 6.5″ tall (16.5cm).
Final Fantasy XIV Digital Collector’s Edition:
- In-Game Item: Arion Mount – A new mount designed to complement paladin, the signature job of Endwalker.
- In-Game Item: Wind-up Porom Minion – Porom, one of the young twins who joins your party in Final Fantasy IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
- In-Game Item: Death Scythe: Reaper Weapon – The Death Scythe from Final Fantasy XI makes its appearance in Final Fantasy XIV as a reaper-exclusive weapon.
- Early Access – Early access is tentatively scheduled to begin on Friday, November 19, 2021 at 1:00 a.m. PT and will allow users the ability to play Endwalker before the official release.
- In-Game Item: Menphina Earring – A gorgeous earring with a design that draws inspiration from the moon. This useful earring features attributes that will vary according to the user’s class / job and current level when equipped and grants a 30 percent increase in EXP up to level 80 when worn.
- In-Game Item: Wind-up Palom Minion – Palom, one of the young twins who joins your party in Final Fantasy IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
Those who pre-order will receive the pre-order bonus codes and can be redeemed immediately.
New Content -Job, Race, Location and More
Square also announced some details about the new content coming to Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker which includes a new job role Reaper who specialises in scythe-swinging melee DPS for close-quarter combat, and can call on an avatar from the Void. There will also be a new playable race, a Male Viera, yes bunny boys are on the way. There was also the reveal of new locations including a spectacular new lunar landscape, Mare Lamentorum. You can check out all the details below:
- New Job: Reaper – The Reaper is a scythe-swinging melee DPS specialist who calls upon an avatar from the Void to join them in close-quarter combat. Reapers can even serve as a host for their avatar! It’s a brutal, flamboyant fighting style that’s quite unlike anything else in Final Fantasy XIV—and it looks like amazing fun.
- New Playable Race: Male Viera – Male Viera will join Endwalker as a new playable race, giving Warriors of Light yet another race to enjoy during their adventures.
- New City: Old Sharlayan
- Travel to Expansive New Areas: Labyrinthos and Mare Lamentorum – Labyrinthos is an artificial training ground that’s quite unlike anything the Warriors of Light have seen before. For something a little less earthbound, you’ll get to traverse the stunning lunar landscape of Mare Lamentorum.
- New Tribes to Encounter: Loporrits – The bunny-like Loporrits will also add a touch of adorableness to the expansion. They’re a genuinely fascinating addition to the game’s diverse world, and you’ll get to learn a lot about them when the expansion releases in November.
- New Threats to Overcome: The Magus Sisters – In Endwalker, you’ll be pitted against some particularly tough foes that Final Fantasy fans may be familiar with: the Magus Sisters. This trio of troublemakers first appeared in Final Fantasy IV, and later returned to support Yuna as powerful aeons in Final Fantasy X. Now they’re back, and this new form may just be the most intimidating yet…
- New Alliance Raid Series: “Myths of the Realm” – Endwalker will introduce a brand new alliance raid series, and it looks to be one of the most exciting yet – particularly for long-term fans and Hydaelyn historians. Titled ‘Myths of the Realm’ it’ll take you deeper into the lore FINAL FANTASY XIV Online than ever before – all while presenting an exciting challenge.
- A New Data Center: Oceania – Players in Australia and New Zealand will be getting a new place to call home, with a brand new data center on the way. We’ll have more information about this in the coming months, so stay tuned.
You can check out the full cinematic trailer below, plus a video which spotlights the new job Reaper:
Final Fantasy XIV Content Roadmap
Square Enix also released the roadmap for upcoming content for 2021:
- May 25 – Patch 5.55
- July – “Make it Rain” Campaign
- June to July – Patch 5.57
- July to August – Patch 5.58
- August – “Moonfire Faire” / “The Rising”
- September – Final Fantasy XV Collaboration Returns
- November 23 – Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Expansion Launch
Square Enix also announced new data centers coming for Oceanic servers, for Australia and New Zealand with “more information about this in the coming months”.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker will release on Playstation 4, Playstation 5 and PC on November 25th 2021.
For a rundown of recent RPG news find it here in Top RPG News Of The Week: May 16th (New World, Biomutant, Scarlet Nexus And More!).