Gamescom 2020 will take place – albeit differently than originally planned. From August 27th to 30th a digital fair is being set up, which wants to replace all aspects of the fair as best as possible – but also brings something new with it.
The program of gamescom 2020 is now free and freely accessible for everyone. The managing director of the game association Felix Falk promises big things for video game fans:
“We expect surprising shows, numerous world premieres, announcements and special promotions that will make the entire games world talk about gamescom at the end of August.”
more on the subject
An overview of all summer gaming events
On the official website of the world’s largest video game event, gamescom organizers explain what fans can expect this year. The usual events that usually take place in Cologne every year are canceled due to the current pandemic, but the digital program is becoming all the more extensive.
Fans can find all important shows, live streams and news in August at gamescom now, the higher-level content hub on the net. There is also information about the usual gamescom topics e-sports, cosplay and merchandise. Tickets for participation are not necessary.
- Opening Night Live: Opening show with video game journalist Geoff Keighley
- Awesome Indies: New show especially for indie games, with important announcements and news
- Daily Show: New show with daily highlights from gamescom
- Best of Show: New format that summarizes all highlights at the end of gamescom and in which the gamescom award is presented
devcom digital conference 2020
- Program for trade visitors from August 17th to 30th
- Round tables with people from the industry
- Extensive matchmaking
- Master classes for developers
- Actions, shows and events by media partners
- Also discussed at gamescom now
- Will be announced in the coming weeks
The trade fair summer 2020
Digital events and trade fairs are currently taking place all over the world to offer a replacement program for the gaming community despite the pandemic. At GameStar.de the event Find Your Next Game starts in June, where we bring you the game discovery journey of a trade fair comfortably at home.
more on the subject
Find Your Next Game: Discover the gaming highlights of the year with us!
If you want to experience the real trade fair feeling again with GameStar, you can do that in our large video documentary for gamescom 2019:
#gctogether – the documentary | Episode 1 | Someone cut off the cat
Also trying out new gamesYou can experience those that have not yet been released at home: The Steam Summer Festival in June offers a number of innovations on Steam that you can play for a short time – without long queues in crowded exhibition halls.