GameStar.de reaches millions of PC gamers every month with news, tests, videos and reports. In the future, we would like to provide you with even more exciting content related to PC games and are therefore looking for freelance authors (m / f / d) who can strengthen our newsroom from the home office.
What exactly are we looking for?
We are look ing for authors (m / f / d) who support us in day-to-day business with current reporting! To apply to us, you have to be of legal age
- have an excellent feel for exciting stories that fit GameStar.
- passionate about PC games (and everything related to it).
- have first journalistic experience with game news, a gaming blog or similar.
- like to do thorough research and always go the extra mile.
- have long been following the leading figures in the game industry on Twitter & Co.
- be absolutely reliable and like to continuously develop yourself.
What is the job
From Age of Empires to WoW, from Battlefield to Star Citizen: Are you familiar with the most important long-term hits on the PC market? Are you always networked with the communities on Reddit, Discord & Co. and know the trends, questions and problems of the players? And would you also like to face the challenges of a modern online editorial office? Then you are a candidate for our newsroom, where we prepare the most exciting stories of the day for our readers!
What do we offer?
- Become part of a successful and dynamic game team
- Flexible working hours from the home office all week
- Exciting challenges and varied topics
- Direct line to the GameStar editorial team, coaching & training
- Fair pay on an hourly basis
Are you curious? If you share our passion and want to write for GameStar, send us your application with the following information:
- Who are you: The shortest possible cover letter with a résumé
- What you can: Work samples & links to your previously published texts
- Where you know your way around: List of your main topics (games, genres, etc.)
- When you are available: How often and how regularly you could write for us
Please apply under the Subject “GameStar Newsroom” directly to GameStar editor Phil Elsner:
The GameStar Codex – Who we are and what we stand for