The trading card game Hearthstone from Blizzard Entertainment is now a few years old and has changed fundamentally accordingly. If you want to play the game again like in the beginning, you now get the chance thanks to the classic format.
Blizzard Entertainment lets its numerous fans travel back in time. While StarCraft and Warcraft III received revised editions, the Classic version with earlier raids is very popular in World of WarCraft. Hearthstone is now also going back to its beginnings.
The trading card game has been available since 2014 and has continued to develop since then. Since then, countless new cards have brought a number of new game mechanics with them, and not that much remains of the initial experience. That should now change thanks to the new classic format, which has now found its way into the inn.
From now on you can play Hearthstone as it was launched in 2014 as part of this new mode. Translated means: You only get access to the 240 original cards of the game, from which you can create your deck and then compete against each other.
The entire collection of affected basic and classic cards as well as the timeless classics of the players are copied into the classic format – in the original format. All balance changes made since then will also be withdrawn in this respect.
What exactly can you expect in the cl assic format?
- Classic packs now expand the collection for the classic format as well as for the archive set in the wild format.
- The activation of the wild format also grants access to the classic format.
- The reward and ranking systems as well as the seasons of the classic format will work exactly as in the standard and wild formats. In addition, the classic format will have its own opponent assignment.
- Starting today, players can challenge their friends in classic format!
- All games in the classic format are rated for the respective successes.
- The number of deck spaces will be increased from 18 to 27 with the publication of the classic format.
- Cards that were added to the classic set later in the history of Hearthstone cannot be used in Classic Format or obtained from Classic Packs. However, players can still make them for the archive set in wild format.