In January 2021, Agent 47 will return to service with Hitman 3, billed as the conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy. Players will find well-known modes, including Fugitive Targets, Escalation missions and Contracts.
The IO Interactive studio published a item to present the different modes of Hitman 3. The developers speak in particular of “changes” which will be revealed later concerning the Fugitive Targets. Bad news, however, for multiplayer enthusiasts since Sniper Assassin mode will only be playable solo, while Phantom mode simply won’t make a return. “Competitive 1v1 multiplayer has arrived for the first time in the Hitman franchise with Ghost Mode. As we are currently focusing on other areas of the World of Assassination, Ghost Mode will not be available in Hitman 3 and we made the difficult decision to shut down the Ghost Mode servers for Hitman 2 on Monday, August 31, 2020. We have learned a lot about Ghost Mode over the past couple of years and we will take all of that into account for what we do at the future for multiplayer “
The Hitman 3 Modes List
- Hitman 3 campaign mode will take you on an adventure across the globe through sprawling sandbox environments and deliver a dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy. Agent 47 returns as a ruthless professional for the most important contracts of his entire career and when the dust settles, the world he inhabit will never be the same again.
- The stakes are high and time is running out. Fugitive Targets represent Hitman’s ultimate challenge and are designed to provide an exciting and thrilling experience. You must hunt down a single target, with little or no help from ATH or Instinct, and come up with a plan to take them out in one try. Good luck. In Hitman 3, we’re making a few changes to the Fugitive Targets formula that we’ll reveal later.
- Almost anything is allowed in the Escalades. Expect your gaming skills to be pushed to the limit as new elements are forced upon you at each stage of the contract. Disguise restrictions, additional security cameras, and other types of complications will be placed in your path. You will need to overcome them – while successfully eliminating your targets – for your mission to be successful!
- Creation is at the heart of Contracts mode. Pick your own targets, choose how to eliminate them, and then complete your mission. Once you’ve completed the contract yourself, challenge your friends to achieve the highest score on the leaderboards. Efficient search tools allow you to find the exact type of contract you want to play and access “Featured Contracts”. IOI picks the best of the best to be played by the whole community.
- Dedicated to long-range missions, Sniper Assassin tasks you with taking out targets and guards without setting off an alarm, while completing challenges to increase your score multiplier. In Hitman 3, Sniper Assassin can be played on existing maps as a single player experience only. We are preparing to end cooperative servers in Hitman 2 before the launch of Hitman 3 and we’ll be sharing an exact timeline as well as a solution for the mode’s multiplayer trophies in the coming months.
Remember that during the last State of Play show from PlayStation, it was announced that the Hitman trilogy will be fully playable in virtual reality on PS VR. Hitman 3 will be released in January 2021 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, PS5, and Xbox Series X.