Although PS5 has almost instant loading time, if you still face PS5, it will be nothing PS5 download speed is slow. As we enter the next generation, game sizes will only get bigger and bigger, and 50GB is quickly becoming the standard, or usually doubled.
Being able to download games and updates quickly will become critical, especially if you choose a fully digital console.So in this guide, we’ll walk you through how you can Increase the download speed of your PS5. Some methods may be simple or anecdotal, while others may require some additional investment.If you are looking for a way Increase the internet speed of your PS5, Then this is your guide.
The best way to improve PS5 download speed
When using PSN, there are many ways to increase the download speed of PS5 Internet, but what is the best way? The best way to improve PS4 download speed is:
- Purchase faster Internet services to increase your PS5 download speed.
- Using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi can maximize the download speed of the PS5.
- Move PS5 closer to the Wi-Fi router to get faster download speeds from the Wi-Fi router.
- If your PS5 is not nearby, please buy a better Wi-Fi router with better coverage.
- Use powerline adapters around the house, and then connect to PS5.
- Pausing and resuming the download may increase your PS5 download speed.
- Put PS5 in rest mode.
How to download a price faster on PS5
Although some improvements in PS5 download speed can be done for free, some more effective methods will require some additional investment. The best way to increase the download speed of PS5 by spending money is:
- Pay for faster Internet services, such as fiber optic broadband.
- Use a wired Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi.
- Use powerline adapters around the house-wired connections can be made anywhere
PS5 can be connected to the Internet through a wireless connection or a cable directly plugged into a router or adapter. In this part of our PS5 download speed guide, we will explain how to increase the download speed of PS4 by paying for services or products. These may be expensive, but the results are guaranteed.
If possible, please use a wired connection for your PS5
So far, the best way to increase the download speed of PS5 is to connect the console to a router or network via a cable. Even if your PS5 is close to a WiFi router, you can be sure to plug in a network cable to increase its download speed.
If your router is in another part of the house, you can get the job done without pulling complicated Ethernet cables. Instead, you can invest in powerline network adapters. These clever devices allow you to connect to the router via a cable, so you just need to plug in any room in the house and connect the cable in this way.
Purchase a power cord adapter from Amazon US
Purchase a power cord adapter from Amazon UK
Pay for a better internet connection for PS5
If you have been using the same old Internet connection for years, you may want to switch to a better and faster service. If you want to download large files through PS5, you need to use fiber optic broadband, and many providers now also offer ultra-high-speed options that can provide you with download speeds of more than 100Mbps.
Check if your current provider provides this service and if it is available in your area. If you exceed the minimum contract period, you may also find that switching to a new provider will bring a higher price/performance ratio.
U.S. fiber broadband provider
Verizon 200Mbps, $29.99 per month
AT&T 1000Mbps, $60 per month
British fiber broadband provider
BT Full Fibre 100Mbps £32.99 per month (plus 3 months free)
Virgin Media fiber broadband 108Mbps, £24.99 per month
Vodafone Gigafast 900Mbps, £50 per month (plus 6 months free)
Hyperoptic Hyperfast 900Mbps, £35 per month
How to increase PS5 download speed for free
You don’t always have to spend money on new equipment or services to increase the download speed of PS5. Here are some ways to increase the download speed of PS5 for free:
- Use the new DNS.
- Use “rest mode” on PS5.
- Pause and resume downloading on PS5.
In this part of our guide to improving PS5 download speed, we will introduce some options that you can explore for free. Some of these are anecdotes and the results may vary, but it is worth trying.
Change DNS on your PS5
As we all know, this can help some people, just adjust the PS5 settings. According to reports, changing your DNS settings to use Google’s DNS servers can increase PS5 download speeds. If you want to try it out, please follow the steps below:
- In the PS5’s main menu, go to “Settings” (the gear symbol) in the upper right corner between the search icon and the profile icon.
- Go to the “Network” option.
- On the “Network” screen, go to “Settings” and select “Set up an Internet connection.”
- Select your existing network connection, and then press operation, which will provide you with the option to enter the “Advanced Settings”.
- In the “Advanced Settings”, use the following settings, DNS is the key thing to note:
IP address setting = automatic
DHCP hostname=not specified
Primary DNS: 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS: 18.104.22.168
Proxy server: do not use
MTU setting: automatic
After changing these settings, turn off the PS5, and then turn it on again. Hope you will notice that the download speed of PS5 has increased.
Put PS5 in “rest mode” to increase download speed
For large downloads, you may need to put the PS5 in “rest mode” and then leave it to download overnight, which may make sense. However, the download speed is much better, so you don’t necessarily want it to work properly. We also know that PS5’s “rest mode” can cause some serious problems, so unless Sony solves this problem in a future patch, we don’t recommend you to use “rest mode” now.
However, if you really want to use the “rest mode” feature, please follow the steps below:
- First go to “Settings” on the main screen, then select “System”.
- Go to the “Power saving” option and then to “Features available in rest mode”.
- This menu shows the functions available in “rest mode”, including “stay connected to the internet”. Make sure this option is turned on.
When finished, press the PlayStation button to bring up the control center, and then select the power button on the right. You can choose “Enter rest mode”. Your PS5 will enter low power mode and continue to download files.
Pause and resume your PS5 download
Sometimes we find that you can pause and resume PS5 downloads, which can increase the download speed. We are not sure if there is any logical reason, but it seems feasible for some people.
Simply press the PlayStation button to access the download content from the control center, then press the X on the controller when the download content you want to pause is highlighted. Then press X again to continue downloading.
It is also recommended that you download only one game file at a time. Fortunately, PS5 does this by default, and all other downloads you may have downloaded are queued.
This is our guide to increase the download speed of your PS5. Hope one of these suggestions can help you get into the game faster.
Elsewhere on the website, you can find a complete guide on PS5 DualSense controllers, how to set up parental controls on PS5, and where to find videos and screenshots on PS5.