On August 17th, Civilization gets its biggest competitor in years. Humankind also guides us through human history, but also has its own ideas with a unique cultural mechanism. But if you are interested in the game, you don’t have to wait until August.
From now on you can play in »Victor OpenDev« yourself for a limited time as part of the new test phase. Not just like that and not for free either. We clarify all framework conditions in this report.
How long will Humankind stay playable?
Humankind has been playable since April 22nd at 3:00 p.m. You have a total of ten days
You can find out what to expect in our video:
Humankind does so much better than Civ – but!
Who can take part?
So that you can download the OpenDev build, you have to pre-order Humankind. You can do both on Steam as well as bei Epic do. In advance sales, Humankind is reduced by 17 percent and therefore costs 50 instead of 60 dollars. Before you can see the OpenDev version in your library, you have to create an account with Games2Gether. For this you follow this link.
What’s in the version?
This new build has been expanded a little compared to its predecessor “Lucy OpenDev”. Previously, you could do a maximum of 100 laps. You can now play for 150 rounds. However, it still applies that you reach the fourth age at most
The version also includes:
- 40 cultures: As you progress through the ages, you can adopt one of these cultures and thereby change your nation.
- 7 AI opponents: The developers hope to get more feedback on the diplomacy system. In addition, more complex wars should come on the new map, in which land and sea battles play a role.
If you want to know exactly what kind of game Humankind is, take a look at our large preview, which is based on the last playable version, before buying:
more on the subject
We have waited a long time for such a strategy game
The developers have already received a lot of feedback from their players through Lucy OpenDev. Some of this was implemented directly and can now be viewed in Victor OpenDev. Not all improvements have been detailed, but the developers have given a few examples:
- The speed, the economy and the cultures were better balanced.
- The interface for placing districts has been revised.
- The management of territories and outposts has been revised.
- The interface in the diplomacy menu has been revised.
- New classes of units were introduced, including the anti-cavalry.
Are you planning to play Humankind in the next ten days or have you already tried it? Tell us in the comments and tell us about your gaming experience!