If you can’t upgrade the PS4 copy of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla or the Watchdog Legion to the PS5 version, then you are not alone.
Ubisoft Assassin’s Creed Valhalla with Gatekeepers Both support free next-generation upgrades, so that owners of PS4 copies can get an enhanced version of PS5 completely free.
This is always the case on both console platforms. However, many players simply cannot ask for free upgrades. The free upgrade option will not be shown to affected players, but will allow them to see the normal price of the game.
For some reason, the problem seems to only affect European players that have the disc version. Reports on the issue-affecting Valhalla and Legion-became harder to ignore last weekend as more and more players started using PS5.
Ubisoft is aware of this problem and shared with iGamesNews some steps players should follow in order to get an upgrade during the investigation process. Here are the steps you should try:
- Insert a qualified PS4 game disc.
- Go to the game center of PS4 games. The user must select “View Product”.
- Select the upgrade offer on the game center, then view the upgrade offer.
- Select download (or buy at a discount) to download/purchase content.
- After the download is complete, you can play PS5 digital games by inserting the PS4 game disc. You need to keep the disc inserted every time to play the game.
It is worth remembering that both games can run on PS5 due to backward compatibility, but to get the PS5 version (to take advantage of new hardware), you need to upgrade for free through the PlayStation Store.