From April 1st, you can expect exciting battles on the planet Enoch in the loot shooter Outriders. It is now clear when exactly it will start and the developers have even talked a little about the first patch.
The loot hunt in Outriders will soon begin
When exactly does the shooter start? Your adventure begins on the PC on April 1st from 6 p.m. on Steam and in the Epic Games Store. So you have to wait a little longer as a console owner.
Because on the PS4 / PS5 and also on the Xbox One and the Xbox Series X / S it starts at midnight on this day.
What about the preload? It is currently not known whether there will be a preload on the PC via Steam. However, the developers stated that they are currently reviewing their options and that there will be an announcement in the coming week. The version in the Epic Games Store does not currently offer a preload function (via Reddit).
The preload on PlayStation should start at midnight on March 29th. On the Xbox One, you can download the loot shooter in advance now.
And if our editor Peter has the opinion, you should too. Because he thinks Outriders shouldn’t be missed:
more on the subject
If you ignore Outriders, you are missing out on something very special!
What’s in the Day 1 Patch? There should definitely be a patch for the launch of Outriders. However, it is unclear whether this has to be downloaded separately or whether it is loaded together with the actual game. The patch should offer the following content:
- Performance optimizations: The developers took the feedback from the players from the demo
- Bug fixes, for example with the legendary weapon mods
- Improved camera work, especially in the cutscenes and dialogues
- You can choose between 30, 60, 90 and 120 FPS for the cut scenes on PC
- The criticized cover system is being improved
- Crossplay is switched on automatically
- The balancing is adjusted
- Items in the inventory can be quickly marked and grouped according to rarity
- DirectX12 becomes the standard renderer
What’s next after the launch? The developers are already planning further updates, which will, among other things, make further performance improvements in the co-op game and optimize the loading times. Crossplay friend lists are also planned, as are other bug fixes based on player feedback.