Riot Games continues to expand its free card game Legends of Runeterra which has already released this past October 14 version 1.12 that inaugurates the Monuments of Power expansion.
This expansion includes a selection of champions, a new type of cards, more region paths, and more customization content among other new features. Next we show you the most outstanding details of this update.
New Expansion: Monuments of Power
The new expansion of the current set of Call of the Mountain is entitled Monuments of Power and contains 40 collectible cards, among which we find 3 new champions: Shyvana, Soraka y Tahm Kench. In addition, thanks to this expansion, a new type of cards are added, the milestones, representing powerful locations in Runeterra and granting unique abilities capable of changing the course of the game.
- The call of the mountain set receive one more expansion in the month of December.
- When this third expansion arrives, all regions (including Targon) will have a quantity equitable champions
Furthermore, this expansion marks the start of season tournaments. However, updates are also added to the following content.
Region Path Updates
With this version the paths of Targon, Bilgewater and Demacia to get the rest of the champions and Monuments of Power cards.
- The Targon Region Path: It has 25 levels (before it had 20).
- Players can now get the Targon Reverse for free: upon reaching the end of Targon’s path.
- The backwater and Demacia regi on roads:
- The new levels of these regions: They will only award cards from both Call of the Mountain expansions until you unlock them all.
- Levels added to the Freljord and Shadow Isles region paths: during the last expansion (25-29) they can now grant any card (not just Call of the Mountain).
In this patch, slightly modified the attributes of a few cards. These are the following:
- Genevieve Elm Heart: life goes from 5 to 4.
- Bastin: cost increased from 3 to 4.
- Silence: cost changed from 3 to 2.
- Living legends: Fill the hand of random heavenly cards with [Fugaz]. You regain all normal mana (this effect no longer grants spell mana).
Here is an update of all the cards that each expedition archetype includes after the implementation of patch 1.12 and the arrival of Monuments of Power 👇🏽 — Legends of Runeterra (@Runeterra) October 14, 2020
New laboratory: a unique milestone
This first week of the premiere of the expansion in the laboratory mode comes a new one called Unique Milestone. In this laboratory you can choose between a selection of six decksEach contains one of the new Monuments of Power landmarks and is packed with new cards capable of supporting it.
- Howling Abyss: Venture into the sacred Howling Abyss and battle its legendary champions.
- Noxkraya Arena: Combine the cold of the Freljord with the strength of Noxus to take down your enemies affected by Frost.
- The slaughterhouse docks: discard your deck and reap the rewards.
- Stellar spring: devour your enemies and heal your allies.
- Piltover University: Heimerdinger’s favorite deck, now packed with variables! By science!
- Crypts of Helia: sacrifice units to gain more power.
Ranked and New Season rewards
Monuments of power brings with it a new qualifying season and the ranked reward icons from last season, which will be based on the highest rank you have achieved. In this way you should know the following:
- Ranked have been off: this October 14 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Spanish peninsular time) to prepare for the new season.
- Ranked Reward Icons: from the last season will be distributed with the new version.
- Ratings will be reset: partially for the new season, remaining as follows.
- The accounts in Maestro: 8 divisions will descend.
- Diamond and Platinum accounts: they will lose 750 PL (7 divisions and 50 PL).
- The accounts in Gold and Silver: they will lose 675 PL (6 divisions and 75 PL).
- The Bronze and Iron accounts: they will go straight down to Iron IV.
The Ranked Season for Call of the Mountain is coming to an end and based on your earned rank, you will be awarded a player icon. What is yours? — Legends of Runeterra (@Runeterra) October 14, 2020
This update has also added to the title a new game board, a guardian, a couple of card backs, new emoticons and also packages in the store to customize our style of game. If you want to see the full patch notes you can visit this official link.
Legends of Runeterra is a Trading Card and Strategy game from Riot Games, available free on PC and mobile. You can learn more about him by reading our review and learning the best tips and helps at our complete water.