How stable is Cyberpunk 2077 after the last major patch 1.2? That’s exactly what we wanted to know from you recently – and over 3000 people took part in the survey. Thank you for the diligent voting and commenting! We share the results here in this article.
For most of the few technical problems …
Here you can see the results of our survey:
Hardly any performance problems, few bugs: For most of you, namely 41 percent, Cyberpunk 2077 runs largely problem-free, with 17 percent even “great”. Overall, 58 percent of the participants rate their gaming experience positively – at least from a technical point of view. Only 2 percent of you say that Cyberpunk 2077 is unplayable with you, with a further 6 percent it works, but pretty bad.
PC is ahead: Of course, PC gamers benefit from the fact that the game was more stable from the start on their home computer than on the consoles. But a lot has improved there too, meanwhile Cyberpunk 2077 is back in the Playstation Store.
Little changes since release: In the survey it becomes clear that Cyberpunk 2077 does not cause you many problems overall – which became apparent shortly after the release. In our last survey on this topic, the numbers looked amazingly similar, apparently not much has changed for you as a result of the patches.
If you are still looking for helpful tips, take a look at our performance guide:
more on the subject
Cyberpunk 2077 Tuning Guide for More FPS
Some are still waiting: Almost a fifth of all participants prefer to wait for further patches to play. A few months have passed since the last major update 1.2, and we are expecting the next update 1.3 at the beginning of August. However, you should be careful with a supposed leak.
A look at the comments clearly reveals that some of you are not happy with Cyberpunk 2077, even though it’s going pretty well.
… but still a lot of concerns
The biggest criticism that many of you express under the article is the lack of new content. Regardless of how smooth the game is for you, most seem to agree: it’s time for some real innovation. While some of you are quite frustrated with Cyberpunk 2077, others still have high hopes. A selection of your voices:
A comment with many upvotes criticized the fact that no new content has yet been added, but it also reaps quite a lot of headwind. Ebony boy writes:
“More than half a year later still no new content …”
Among other things, SNAAAKE commented:
“First the game should run properly, then you can implement new content. The mistake of not doing that has already been made by enough developers.”
The developers certainly had to work first to get the mixed technical condition under control, especially on the LastGen consoles. Only after numerous bug fixes and performance improvements was the game allowed to return to the Playstation Store – where it can be found directly on the Top of the download charts
After this success, hopefully the first of the promised free DLCs will appear soon, which should bring minor content changes into the game. We already have clear wishes for this:
more on the subject
Cyberpunk 2077: 4 things the DLCs have to deliver
But some of you look to the future with little optimism. For example, this is how Zord works:
“I’m extremely disappointed with CDPR. The game got off to a bad start, but what they delivered after that is absolutely insufficient. It’s been over seven months since the release and communication with buyers is virtually non-existent. What bugs they are still there, when they will be fixed and what the next steps will be, the message here is, as far as I can remember, the first list of open bugs that you have published and almost certainly just the tip of the iceberg At the moment I really can’t imagine buying an add-on or DLC. “
Lost trust and worries about the future: In many of the comments you write that you fear that CDPR will soon give up Cyberpunk 2077 and no longer release any major expansions. You would also like better communication about the future plans – there are still no known release dates for DLCs or the announced NextGen update.
Just a few days after the release, CDPR apologized to disappointed players and announced that they wanted to regain trust.