Although Battlefield 5 received the last really big load of content with its summer update, it will still be supplied with smaller patches. And some of them bring new Easter eggs with them. If you find the latest, you will get it the legendary “Eidolon” skin.
How rare is the skin? The Youtuber Jackfrags draws attention to the skin on December 2nd. At the time he released his video, he was reportedly owned by just eight players around the world. In the meantime there should be a few more, but you have to put in a lot of effort to get it.
Link to YouTube content
This is how you find the Easter egg
No Easter eggs for solo players: If you play alone, you have no chance to unlock the skin. You need a group of four players in total so that you can meet all the requirements. Do you have them together, you proceed as follows.
- Enter »-…-« in the main menu. If you have entered the combination correctly, you will briefly hear the Battlefield theme.
- Now you have access to a new “Combined Arms” playlist called “The Challenge”
- He throws you at a special Easter Egg version of the “Hamada” card. The only goal here is to reach a mysterious point in the middle of the sky.
- To do this, first follow the magical gnomes
- In a ruin, all four players each have to climb a tower and stand on a bronze plate.
- Then the player can build a stairway to heaven on the middle tower, which slowly crumbles again. On the way up you will also find 16 places where you can build crates of ammunition. You have to build each one of them.
- Two more players have to build a secondary staircase that disintegrates even faster than the main staircase.
- At the end of the secondary stairs you will find a pair of headphones that you need to bring to the MCOM station.
- Here you will hear another Morse code that you have to write down and will need later to safely pass some floating platforms.
- As you do all of this, you’ll also face V1 missiles, fire traps, and barricades.
- As soon as you have reached your destination, all four players have to break a pane of glass in the sky at the same time.
In addition to the aforementioned skin, the reward is a fireworks display of shattering glass, explosions and, after years of rumors about dinosaurs in Battlefield, finally real Pterodactylusse.
The time required: If you try your hand at this task, you should bring some time with you. Jackfrags himself states that he needed 51 minutes for his ultimately successful run alone. the numerous previous failures are not included.
When will Battlefield continue?
It is already certain that Battlefield 6 will come. However, you will have to wait a little longer for the new part. Because the publisher EA has already narrowed the release period and stated that the shooter is expected to appear in the run-up to Christmas 2021.
more on the subject
85 excellent Easter Eggs
More Easter Eggs you can find, however, in our Easter article from 2020, in which we present 85 particularly exciting ones. Starting with the very first Easter egg, up to particularly creative ones.