Nintendo Switch has just made an important software update.
Nintendo Switch Car owners around the world should now have firmware update 10.0.0. Unlike most recent updates, this particular version is full of popular and useful features.
The biggest highlight is that Switch now allows users to transfer data between system memory and SD cards, and vice versa. This applies to game data, DLC, updates, etc. However, for some games, it is not possible to transfer saved data (updated data in some cases).
Another major new feature in today ’s update is the ability to remap controller functions at the system level. This can be done for the analog joystick and different buttons, and each console can even save up to five custom configurations. Joy-Cons and Switch Pro Controller both support this function.
Read the complete change log for firmware update 10.0.0 below:
-Added the option to transfer software data between system memory and SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data and DLC from the system memory to the SD card (and vice versa).
- Please note that saved data and some updated data cannot be transferred to the SD card.
-Added option to remap controller buttons.
- The analog stick and button configuration can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings> Controllers and Sensors.
- The custom configuration is stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- The following controllers can be customized configuration: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro controller. You can also customize the button configuration on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This function does not apply to other controllers.
- On each system, Joy-Con (L) can save up to five favorite custom configurations, Joy-Con (R) can save five, and Nintendo Switch Pro Controller can save five. The five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
-Added bookmark function in news.
- You can bookmark up to 300 news items.
- Internet connection is required to view bookmarked news items.
- Even if bookmarks are added, you ca n’t view news items that are no longer available.
-Added new section in "User Settings" of "Play Event Settings".
- The options to "Show playback events to:" and "Delete playback events" have been moved from "Friend Settings" to the new "Play Events Settings".
-Added new options to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Choose 6 new icons for your users from the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" game.