The sixth content year of Rainbow Six: Siege starts soon with the new season 1 of the year called Crimson Heist. Be fore the big update hits the live server, probably in around three weeks, you can make the changes try it out on the R6 test server
And you are allowed to new operator Flores and try out the new weapon Gonne-6 extensively. In addition, balance adjustments are waiting for the heroes – including for Nokk, who gets some buffs, and for Blackbeard, who hits the Nerf hammer.
Flores as a new operator
The new operator in Rainbow Six: Siege is called Flores, comes from Argentina and is one of the attackers. He is medium fast and strong, so has two points of speed and two points of armor. In the following we list his equipment, which you can now try out on the test server:
- an AR33 assault rifle or an SR-25 precision rifle
- a GSH-18 pistol
- Stun grenade or claymore mine
- RCE Ratero: His gadget is a remote-controlled drone with an explosive device and a remote detonator that can destroy other gadgets and unreinforced walls or even take out enemy operators.
New weapon: Gonne-6
The new secondary weapon Gonne-6 replaces the side weapon of certain attacker operators. With the help of the single-shot special weapon, you destroy otherwise bulletproof gadgets such as Evil Eye or Castle walls, whereas the damage against players is minimal.
Nokk is allowed to sneak undisturbed
The patch notes also show what will change for Nokk players in the future:
- While HEL is active, Nokk does not trigger any motion-triggering gadgets. This affects Elas Grzmot Mine, Melushi’s Banshee, Kapkan’s Blast Mine, as well as proximity alarms and metal detectors.
- Nokk’s glitch effect removes proximity immunity, which activates any gadget within range.
- The color of the HEL device on Nokk’s hand changes when a proximity device is bypassed.
Blackbeard is weakened
Blackbeard is also getting a new balance, but Ubisoft uses a nerf here.
- Gun shield hit points decreased to 20, down from 50.
- Mk17 damage reduced to 40 (from 49).
You can read the other changes on the official website. Below you will also find the large rework of the “Border” map.
Please keep in mind that all adjustments so far only concern the test server. So it is possible that Ubisoft will make further changes before Crimson Heist goes live.
more on the subject
Rainbow Six: Victories in 2021: “I’m a little scared of it”
We spoke to an R6 expert about the changes in Year 6 Season 1. You can read what all of this means for players in the article above.