- Samsung officially introduced the Odyssey G9 gaming monitor.
- The new version comes for the first time with a display made of mini LEDs.
- This means that the G9 monitor achieves a brightness of up to 2,000 nits.
As part of its “Unbox and Discover“Events also showed a new gaming monitor. The new edition of the Odyssey G9 is quite similar to its predecessor, but still gets a decisive change on the way: for the first time Samsung
This allows the curved monitor to achieve a full 2,000 cd / m² (or nits) in brightness. That is theoretically twice as much as with the previous model. Samsung also calls this technology HDR2000 and thus alludes to the level of brightness. However, all other technical data are largely identical to the predecessor of the Odyssey G9 and read as follows:
- Resolution: 5,120 × 1,440 pixels with up to 240 Hertz
- Display-Format: 32:9 in Ultraweitwinkel
- Display-Kurve: 1000R-Biegunsradius
- Display technology: Samsung Quantum-Dot mit Mini-LED
- Supports: AMD FreeSync, Nvidia G-Sync
- Connections: 2x Displayport 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0
Samsung does not mention a start date in its conception. Also, no prices are known yet. However, since the predecessor currently starts at prices of 1,300 dollars, users can probably expect a price tag beyond this brand.