The new update for Call of Duty: Cold War and Warzone is here and brings you a whole lot of new features that should make you bored over the holidays. We have summarized all information about the new playlist update, the daily challenges, double XP event and patch notes for you.
You can get three in the challenge menu every 24 hours daily tasks
If you have decided on three daily challenges, but are not entirely satisfied with your choice in retrospect, you can change the challenge. The good thing about it: If you then change your mind again, the progress you have already made is not gone, but you pick up exactly where you left off.
You can complete the challenges in cold war multiplayer, zombies mode and in the warzone.
You can read why Peter thinks that CoD Cold War would be so much better as a single player game in his column at GameStar Plus:
more on the subject
CoD Cold War would be so much better as a single player RPG
Double Battle Pass XP
Since December 22nd you get double experience points for your Battle Pass when you play the Cold War Multiplayer or the Zombies mode. From December 25th (probably from 7 p.m. Europe time), Warzone will also join the event.
The double XP event ends for all modes on December 28th at 7 p.m. Europe time. It is important that this is the XP for the Battle Pass, XP bonuses for your level and the prestige system you get through the weekly challenges.
Here again all the key data:
- December 22nd – December 28th, 7pm: Double Battle Pass XP for Cold War Multiplayer and Zombies mode
- December 25th (probably 7pm) – December 28th, 7pm: Double Battle Pass XP for Warzone
You can see all information about Season 1 and the new Battle Pass in the trailer:
CoD Cold War: Season 1 Battle Pass trailer features new weapons and more
New playlist update
You can now play two new playlists in CoD Cold War:
- Raid 24/7: The Black Ops 2 classic is back and can be played until December 24th for everyone who is currently participating in the free multiplayer phase for Cold War. Hardcore Raid 24/7 is also available via Quickplay.
- Face Off: Face your opponents in 3vs3 matches in Team Death Match, Domination and Kill Confirmed on the four new Gunfight maps. The special thing about it: Scorestreaks are deactivated and all timers are shorter.
These are the patch notes
We have already presented the most important changes to you in detail, which is why we are only giving you a quick overview of the remaining patch notes and bug fixes. You can find the complete overview on the official homepage of Treyarch:
- Added a confirmation prompt when unlocking new content at the Prestige Shop using Prestige Keys.
- Addressed a UI error related to Weapon Blueprints.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when redeeming Battle Pass tier bundles.
- Prop Hunt: Increased time between Prop whistles from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Closed an exploit where Field Upgrades could be planted out of bounds.
- M79: Added tracking for Popcorn Medal (multi-kills) for the M79.Changed the M79 Medal Spotlight from Headshots to Popcorn.
Multiplayer Free Access
- Updated Playlists: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Gunfight, Nuketown Holiday 24/7, Raid 24/7 [NEW], Prop Hunt [NEW], Combined Arms: Hardpoint [NEW], Fireteam: Dirty Bomb [NEW]