The month of May for Pokémon GO players will be punctuated by 3 things: long-distance raids, The Souvenir Challenge and the start of season 2 of the GO Combat League. We have already dedicated articles to the first two subjects, the third remains! This guide is therefore devoted to the question of PVP in general for the next two months!
Season 2 dates
Before going into detail, know that Niantic has already communicated the dates of the different Leagues available in game.
- The Super League will run from Monday, May 11, 2020 to Monday, June 1, 2020;
- The Hyper League will run from June 1 to 22;
- The Master League closes the dance from June 22 to July 6.
- The three leagues at the same time can be played from July 6 to 13, in parallel with the launch of the League Cup.
And yes ! In addition to the three Leagues we already know, a "cup" has just been added: the League Cup. The rules are simple: Everything is the same as the Master League but the legendaries are prohibited. And this little nuance changes everything in a League dominated by the monsters of powers that can be Dialga, Giratina (in its two forms), Mewtwo or Kyogre. We therefore strongly recommend that you read the article linked above in which we present you powerful teams without Legendary Pokémon.
Changes in Combat
This new season brings many changes, more or less important to take into account. Here are all those who directly impact the fighting. Nothing major, except the rebalancing that may cause some movement in the meta.
- You can launch trainer fights using a QR code
- For Fighting against your friends, there is no longer any need to be Excellent or Best Friends. Now, being Good Friends or Great Friends is enough!
- There is finally some balancing on 3 attacks and a Pokémon. For attacks, we have a "buff" by Tunnelier and especially by Éclair Fou which becomes a very powerful charged attack and a "nerve" of Lunar Power. For the Pokémon, this is Palkia who can now learn the Hydroqueue attack
Who says new season, also says new awards! Finally, that's what you might think. In truth, little changed from Season 1. Here's everything that has moved, hoping it will be attractive enough!
- You win now a meeting with a Pokémon from your third fight in normal mode or after your first victory in premium mode.
- At rank 4, you win a meeting with Limonde, at rank 8 it will be Furaiglon, Baggiguane at rank 9 and at rank 10 a new avatar pose.
These three small points aside, everything will remain as before. Now you know everything, and all you have to do is prepare for the arrival of each of the new Leagues by adapting to small changes in Meta!
Complete Guide to Pokémon GO
Pokémon GO: 3 minutes to become the best trainer
By -LecHad-, Editing igamesnews.com