News hardware PS4 updates to version 8.50
If players with a PS5 received the first major console update on Wednesday, so did PS4 players who released version 8.50 of the firmware.
Heavy about 480MBThis update aims to integrate additional functions for linking with the PS5. The latest addition from Sony now supports playing together with the PS4. Therefore, it made sense for the PS4 to update this as well. This update 8.50, in beta for a few weeks, is the one that marks the disappearance of communities, released in 2015
Main features of the system software update
- It is now possible to enjoy Share Play with PS5 players from the party menu.
- Players can now choose between enabling or disabling notifications for each of the groups they belong to in the Messages menu.
- To do this, go to the Messages menu, press Options on the group screen and select “Turn off notifications” or not.
Other updated features
- It is now possible to use the “Ask to join” button on the game session screen. Other players will no longer see that you are playing a game if you have hidden it.
- Updated file format for extended storage:
- As soon as an extended storage unit is connected, its file format is updated.
- This expanded memory cannot be used on any other console with an earlier version of the system software.
- The community service is no longer available
Based on this news
By MalloDelic, Journalist igamesnews.com