Star Wars: Episode 9 could have been very different: Before director J.J. Abrams The rise of Skywalker brought to the cinemas, Colin Trevorrow should stage the film as Duel of the Fates. Just a few weeks ago, the leaked script for this version of the film revealed what the final of the Skywalker saga would have looked like.
The original version of Episode 9 "filmed"
Based on this script, the Youtuber Mr.SundayMovies now has one animated short film designed to stage the Duel of the Fates at least roughly and in a shortened version. For this, he consulted conceptual drawings that his animator took Ethataylo
So if you want to get a rough idea of how the original version of Star Wars: Episode 9 Colin Trevorrow would have looked like a director, you should take a look at the following video:
Star Wars 9: Colin Trevorrow vs. J.J. Abrams
The Biggest Differences Between Colin Trevorrows and J.J. We already explained Abrams' vision for Star Wars: Episode 9 in a separate article. The most important details from the leaked script for Duel of the Fates, however, are as follows:
- Emperor Palpatine would not have returned and would have remained dead
- Kylo Ren should take on the role of the villain of the film
- Rey's parents would have remained "nobody"
- Rey would have wielded a blue double-blade lightsaber
- Rose Tico should play a more important role in the film
- Luke Skywalker would have haunted Kylo Ren as a spirit of power
- Kylo Ren would have fought Darth Vader in the course of a power vision – and lost
- Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi would have returned as power spirits
- The final battle would have taken place over and on Coruscant
- General Hux would have killed himself with a lightsaber in the face of First Order defeat
more on the subject
Star Wars 9 script leaked: The Skywalker saga was supposed to end quite differently
Why was Colin Trevorrow fired?
About why Colin Trevorrow was fired as a director of Star Wars: Episode 9 and never allowed to implement Duel of the Fates, Disney never really spoke out. Trevorrow (Jurassic World) had worked on the film for two years before it was released in 2017 and later by J.J. Abrams (The Force Awakens) replaced.
It is speculated that Colin Trevorrow's critical and commercial flop The Book of Henry
more on the subject
What's next with Star Wars? List of all upcoming films & series
So under similar – or completely different circumstances – Phil Lord and Chris Miller fired while shooting Solo: A Star Wars Story. Also Gareth Edwards stepped into the background for the re-shoots of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and was replaced by screenwriter Tony Gilroy.
And then there would still be Josh potion (Fantastic Four) who was never allowed to implement his planned Boba Fett film as well David Benioff and D.B. White (Game of Thrones), whose planned Star Wars trilogy should start in 2022 with the first film in cinemas.