- 11 films and several series take you into the fascinating “Star Wars” universe.
- After 9 episodes, the Skywalker saga is now finally over.
- Our article introduces you to several possible sequences that you can use to have a lot of fun with “Star Wars”.
“Star Wars” has been thrilling viewers on the big screen and in front of the television screens since 1977! The star wars of the galaxy far, far away are not limited to films, but run through several series, books and video games. In short: “Star Wars” is and will remain on everyone’s lips!
With the streaming service Disney+ all films and series from the current “Star Wars” canon can be viewed at any time. Nothing stands in the way of a marathon! Take a look at our suggestions for the order, determine the right one for you and get started!
“Star Wars” Movies: Sorted by Release Year
In order to experience “Star Wars” as the fans from the very beginning were allowed to, the order by year of publication seems to make the most sense. We have sorted all of the films that belong to the Star Wars canon in a list according to their first release. You decide for a marathon, you are like that Busy for 25 hours
Star Wars movies in stream by year of release
The film “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” from 2008 works great to get into the series of the same name, but is otherwise completely superfluous for the film series and can therefore simply be left out. It is therefore excluded from the following lists, including the Star Wars series. For more information about the film, you can jump to the canonical additions to this article, where we also arrange the series chronologically.
Star Wars: That’s the correct chronological order
If you look at the “Star Wars” films nowadays, you quickly notice that the first three parts are referred to as episodes 4-6. Director and inventor George Lucas has decided to change the order. Since he is the creator of Star Wars, he must have had something in mind. We have listed the films for you in chronological order.
- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002)
- Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)
- Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977)
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
On the next page you can find out which order is recommended by fans.