The official Web of the Summer Game Fest 2020 has been updated with a preliminary schedule of digital video game events to be held between May and August of 2020. The list reveals that the May 12 at 6:00 p.m. Spanish peninsular time will be made "announcement of a surprise game" by Geoff Keighley, main person in charge of the event.
In addition to the calendar, which will be expanded in the coming days with new presentations, they have been added a few more brands to participating publishers in the event. There are currently 2K Games, Activision, Bandai Namco, Bethesda, Blizzard Entertainment, Bungie, CD Projekt, Digital Extremes, EA, PlayStation, Private Division, Riot Games, Square Enix, Steam, Warner Bros. Games and Xbox.
In a question and answer session on Reddit, Keighley described her summer festival as a hub from which to see the lectures from different publishers, such as Inside Xbox on May 7 or EA Play Live 2020 on June 11. To this we must add game tests and demos, exclusive announcements on the platform and interviews with developers.
The calendar Preliminary is as follows:
- May 7 at 5:00 PM – Inside Xbox – "Take a first look at gameplay Xbox Series X. "
- May 12 at 6:00 p.m. – Sunrise # 1: "Join Geoff Keighley for the reveal of a surprise game."
- June 9 – 14 – Steam Game Festival:
- June 11 – Cyberpunk 2077 – "Sign up for a special broadcast of Cyberpunk 2077 CD Projekt Red ".
- June 12 at 1:00 am – EA Play – "Electronic Arts unveils its new video game program".
- July 11 – Tennocon 2020 – "Digital Extremes updates the players of Warframe about what's coming. "
- August 24 at 8:00 p.m. – Gamescom: Opening Night Live – "Geoff Keighley teams with Gamescom to present SFG's spectacular finale."
The festival website has been updated with a FAQ where they reveal that the Playable event content is not limited to PC users. "Summer Game Fest will offer special playable content on Steam, Xbox and more platforms to announce," they explain. Those games will be both alphas, betas, and title demos that have yet to be released as "special in-game events and free trials."