A new report provides us with a deeper understanding Cyberpunk 2077, A comment from the studio raised questions about the controversial work after it was published.
According to a Bloomberg report, the development of “Cyberpunk 2077” was even more troublesome than the studio allowed, even though the game eventually suffered several months of delay.
A large number of new reports on the site (protected by a paywall) delve into the nature of the game’s troubled development, revealing the tension between the developers and CD Projekt’s management. A developer told Bloomberg that developing a game is like “trying to drive the train while the train is laying in front of you at the same time”, and “[staff] The game is expected to be ready in 2022. “
The Bloomberg report also inferred that the Cyberpunk 2077 demo shown in 2018 was “almost completely fake.”
Bloomberg said in the demo: “CD Projekt has not completed and coded the underlying game system, which is why so many features (such as car ambush) are missing in the final product.” “The developers said that they thought the demo program should have been It takes months to make games.”
Adam Badowski, Head of CD Projekt Studio Responded to Bloomberg And in a follow-up statement written last night (Saturday, January 16) questioned the views of the incident. Badowski said that the demo program is always marked as “work in progress,” and the functionality that appears in the demo program (but not the final game) is lost due to the “creation process.”
He said in the statement: “Our final game is better in appearance and gameplay than the demo.”
I have read your articles and tweets, thank you for reading. I have some ideas. https://t.co/T3qACdrnwM pic.twitter.com/wuzy5lXoqQ
-Adam Badowski (@AdamBadowski) January 16, 2021
Elsewhere, another shocking revelation from the report shows that despite the game’s name announced in 2012, the game actually started development in 2016. This is mainly due to the overhaul of the project carried out by the head of the studio, Adam Badowski, who took over the project. And transfer the entire game from the third person to the first person.
This may give us some insights into why the staff do not really believe that the game will be ready for the 2020 release window-and this is precisely what Badowski did not mention in the quoted tweet citing Jason Schrier and Bloomberg. (And allegations of severe austerity in the last few months before the release).
The report follows a video message released by CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwiński, which tells about the events that led to the disastrous rele ase of Cyberpunk 2077 and the disastrous PS4 and Xbox One versions. Iwiński blamed the huge scope of the game, noting that “a large number of custom objects, interactive systems and mechanisms” played a role in making the game feel bad and crash on certain platforms.
However, according to Bloomberg’s report, this is not entirely correct-the studio’s developers were keenly aware of the problem before the release, and CD Projekt’s management completely eliminated employees’ concerns about the title’s performance on the previous generation machines.
So far, the reaction to the game has led Microsoft and Sony to withdraw the game from the digital storefront until the problem is resolved. CD Projekt Red has posted an FAQ on the game’s official website, providing updates on free DLC and the promised PS5 and Xbox Series X/S patches.
The studio assures the public that developers can provide these updates without requiring mandatory actions again.
“The team is working hard to bring related corrections to the game without any mandatory overtime. The studio stated that avoiding all of our future projects is one of our top priorities. (It is worth noting that the game industry Tightening is rarely “necessary” and more often “expected”).
CD Projekt may face fines after Poland conducts a consumer protection investigation on “Cyberpunk 2077”. Whether the studio can repair the damage to its reputation during the release of its latest RPG.