Diablo Immortal wants to bring the feel of the hack-and-slay role-playing game to smartphones. As a Free2Play game, it relies on funding Microtransactions. This raises the question of the real price of the title. Blizzard is now providing information and explaining in detail which advantages you can buy in the game with real money.
Before that, you should read our big preview on GameStar Plus. In it we answer the most important question about Diablo Immortal: How does it play?
more on the subject
Diablo Immortal played for five hours: is this a “real” Diablo?
What’s free for all players?
If you don’t spend any money on Diablo Immortal, you should already get a complete package. Blizzard emphasizes that as a Free2Play player you can also complete Access to all content of the title. This includes:
- All classes: You can use all classes without restrictions.
- Story: Even without real money you should be able to experience the complete story of the game.
- Game world: F2P users will have access to all areas of Diablo Immortal.
- Equipment: All your equipment can be found in the game. No loot is offered in the shop.
- Battle Pass: Diablo Immortal will have a Battle Pass system. There is also a free version.
No energy system: In games like Genshin Impact, you have to pay a special resource in order to play certain content. This only regenerates passively or through the use of real money. Blizzard clearly states that there will be no such system in Diablo Immortal. You can play as long as you have time.
With their payment models, mobile titles are dominating the current game industry. Michael Graf explains exactly how in an extensive video.
The game industry in numbers – How service, mobile and free2play games dominate everything
What are the advantages of real money?
According to the developer, the microtransactions will be completely optional and not necessary to progress in the game. He also asserts that this Does not affect core game play of the title should. Among other things, you will be able to spend money on the following elements:
- Legendary crests: Increase your rewards from the randomly generated Elder Rift dungeons. They also change their gameplay with random modifiers like monsters that explode on death or a lower cooldown for your skills. Crests apply to the entire party.
- Reforge Stones: There are specialized Reforge Stones in the shop, which make it easier to forge a desired value on your equipment. You thus reduce the randomness of the free normal Reforge Stones, but do not completely remove them.
- Battle Pass: If you pay for the Battle Pass, you will receive additional rewards. But there is no equipment here either. Instead, you unlock even more crests, gems and materials that you can use to improve equipment.
How does the Battle Pass work?
Diablo Immortal’s Battle Pass works like the one in most games. It can be compared to an experience point system. By completing activities such as a rift, you will earn Battle Points. If you have accumulated enough of them, you will again rise up a rank in the Battle Pass and receive a reward, or if you have the paid version, two directly.
Those three points are just now confirmed examples for some of the microtransactions that will be in Diablo Immortal. A complete list of all items available for real money is not yet available.
How expensive are the microtransactions?
Blizzard has not yet commented on the exact price of the individual microtransactions. It is therefore unknown how much money you have to spend on the various bonuses. As soon as we know more, we’ll update this section.
But there will be a premium currency. With so-called Eternal Orbs you can unlock the above bonuses such as new ranks in the Battle Pass. You can also convert orbs to platinum. This currency can also be unlocked by playing and is given out in special shops, for example to craft legendary gems.
Smartphone games without microtransactions
Microtransactions are almost a matter of course in smartphone games these days. However, some developers also show that there is another way and something for themselves more expensive full price games on cell phones can do well. You can find examples of this in our list of 33 games that once appeared on the PC, but which are now also available for Android and iOS.
more on the subject
33 PC games for the smartphone 2020
After a bit of delay, Diablo Immortal is currently in a closed alpha test, to which only a few users have access to have. It is not yet known when the title will be officially released.