Let’s not kid ourselves, the summer slump is approaching. Many people currently prefer to jump into the cool water or have a barbecue outdoors instead of delving into hardcore strategy or role-playing games. Publishers and developers also know this, so much less large-caliber games are currently appearing. But then there are a few highlights – this week especially among the Steam releases.
Highlight of the week: Industries of Titan
Industries of Titan – There is also fighting in the build-up game: Trailer shows mega-city in a state of emergency
Genre: Development strategy | Release: 21. Juni 2021 (Early Access) | platform: Steam & Epic
After almost a year of Epic exclusivity, Industries of Titan is now also appearing in Steam’s Early Access – and has a pretty cool concept: On Saturn’s moon Titan, you have to build your own cyberpunk city in the best SimCity manner and of course take everything that you want into account Could thwart the bill.
Your factories collect and process resources, but of course they also generate waste without end, which you burn in turn, which then causes pollution, as if satisfaction has to be increased and, and, and. With a very cool soundtrack, a stylish look and a now very lush feature pool, Industries of Titan is a clear recommendation.
Unlike many of its early access competitors, the developers here have delivered on-time updates month after month that expand the game considerably. The community is satisfied – and there is currently nothing to prevent this trend from continuing on Steam. By the way, we are already working on an early access test, which you will probably find on GameStar.de at the end of the week.
More releases of the week
Of course, other cool games are coming out this week. We list the most important candidates for you, sorted by day of the week.
Tuesday June 22, 2021
- Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: In the official game for the Olympic Games, you play the Olympic Games. Just as a game. Or more precisely: As a collection of mini-games.
- Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance: The dark co-op brawler interprets the classic fantasy universe a little more action-heavy than usual.
Wednesday June 23, 2021
- Out of Line: This 2D adventure looks beautiful and, above all, challenges your brain.
- Rail Route: Have you always wanted a simulator in which you can optimize timetables and interlocking processes? No? But it’s still available from Wednesday. This is how you can find out whether you can do it better than Deutsche Bahn.
Thursday June 24th 2021
- Scarlet Nexus: Bandai’s anime action game looks pretty cool and might appeal to fans of Code Vein and God Eater.
- Legend of Mana: The classic returns with a new look and attracts JRPG fans with pretty hearty retro RPG fare.
Even more new releases
That’s it for the launches for this week. If you want to see more new releases, take a look at our release preview for the month of June:
New Games in June – Preview Video for PC and Consoles
And if there is nothing for you, just wait until the middle of the week: In our weekly special on Steam’s Midweek Madness you will always find tons of older games that are currently on sale.