Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Monster Hunter World Board Game
- Steamforged Games will be adapting Capcom’s highly popular Action-RPG Monster Hunter: World into a tabletop game. The project sets to include lots of highly detailed miniatures, 4 L Monsters, a rulebook, questbook, 600+ cards, double-sided board and 4 hunters. These are just some of the contents, as there are even more items depending on the pledge you back.
- As for what kind of style of board game, there is little detail on this but they do tease a “choose-your-own-adventure-style journey”, which should mean campaigns.
- Steamforged has covered a number of different game adaptations in the past, including Dark Souls: The Board Game, Dark Souls: The Card Game, Horizon Zero Dawn: The Board Game, Devil May Cry: The Bloody Palace and more.
- Monster Hunter: World The Board Game will come to Kickstarter in April 2021.
- For more on this news, and as with all news in this video you can find out more on Fextralife.com.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter: World Board Game Kickstarter Starts In April.
- Black Legend’s developer Warcarve have revealed some interesting new details about their upcoming tactical RPG. They have unveiled that the turn-based game will have 15 playable classes and more details about the alchemy battle system.
- Players will be able to change their team members to one of the 15 different classes available, which are unlocked as the game progresses. Classes range from Alchemist to Sharp Shooter, matching a number of preferred strategy styles.
- Class descriptions have now been shared, they include such interesting ones as the Dragoon, a class which specialises in Pyrokinetics. Or the Plague Doctor who specialises in Humorism, using cures that can also kill.
- Black Legend uses an alchemic attack system, which adds an “explosive twist”.
- The system relies on real history, a system that includes four stages of the magnus opus, or known as the process to create the philosopher’s stone.
- Black Legend will launch on PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Seris X in Q1 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Black Legend Full Class List And Alchemic Attack System Revealed.
Rumour: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild 2
- The sequel to Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a highly anticipated title, ever since it was teased at E3 2019.
- However, since then there haven’t been any updates or news since the teaser. But now a leak may have sprung, as an Austrian retailer could have just shared the release window for Breath of the Wild 2.
- The retailer in question is Gameware, which had listed The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 to be releasing sometime between April and June. The leak was first seen on Reddit
- This could be an error on the retailer’s site or a placement listing as there hasn’t been any news about the game for some time from Nintendo. This is also a smaller retailer so we’ll have to take this with a grain of salt.
- What do you think of this supposed leak? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild 2 Will Launch Q2 2021.
- Blizzard has announced some further details about the upcoming virtual replacement for BlizzCon. The BlizzConline opening ceremony will start on Friday February 19th at 2PM PST.
- The first promotion image features a few well-known Blizz characters, including D.Va in the background representing Overwatch alongside Starcraft’s Jim Raynor. There’s also Illadin showing off some Hearthstone skills in the foreground, along with the Lich King himself for World of Warcraft, and Lilith taking center from upcoming Diablo 4.
- Hopefully this image means we are getting updates for all of these games, especially Diablo 4 which has been getting quarterly updates, but it would be great to see more gameplay.
- We’re probably closer to a Diablo Immortal release date if anything, as the free-to-play mobile RPG had an alpha version at the end of last year. If you’re interested to watch some Diablo Immortal gameplay impressions
- The event on the first day will last “three-plus hours”, going over recent and past announcements for fans, plus taking some questions from the audience.
- BlizzConline’s second day will feature more Q&As with Blizzard developers and competitions as well as cosplay exhibitions.
- BlizzConline will be free this year, as it takes place all online which can be watched on the official BlizzCon website. While there is no virtual ticket this year, fans can still get some Blizzard virtual goodies as they celebrate their 30th Anniversary.
For more on this news find it here in Blizzard Unveils New Details For BlizzConline.
Mass Effect Legendary Edtion
- Bioware has released a new trailer for the upcoming Mass Effect Legendary Edition, which is a remaster of the Mass Effect trilogy.
- It will come with 4K resolution and HDR support. It has also been announced it will include over 40 post-launch DLCs, feature new models, shaders, FX lighting, and more. There is also improved customisation as well as weapon balancing.
- The Legendary Edition will be coming to a number of platforms, which includes last-gen and current-gen consoles, but what about the Nintendo Switch? According to Bioware, it would be more likely to happen on a more powerful Switch model.
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition is will launch on May 14 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Mass Effect Legendary Edition To Include Over 40 Post-Launch DLCs Plus Launch Date Revealed.