Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Eko Software has released a new DLC for the Action-RPG Warhammer: Chaosbane called Witch Hunter, which adds the new class to the game.
- The latest DLC for Warhammer: Chaosbane adds the Witch Hunter called Jurgen Haider, a new class that can switch between pistol and sword. He also has holy fire-themed special abilities, and can lay down spring-steel bear traps to take down heretics and daemons.
- The Witch Hunter DLC has released along with the Slayer Edition bundle, which contains both the base game and all add-ons, as well as the new update. The update includes new zones, a larger hub area, an optional 4K texture pack and an expanded bestiary. The Slayer Edition is also available on Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X.
- Warhammer Chaosbane released back in June last year, introducing the first hack’n’slash Action-RPG title set in the fantasy universe of Warhammer. If you want to know what we thought about this game you should check out our Warhammer Chaosbane Review.
For more on this news find it here in Warhammer: Chaosbane New DLC Witch Hunter Plus Updated Slayer Edition.
- The Demon’s Souls Remake came with a number changes and additions to the game, but one addition which was not announced seems to be a secret door that players cannot seem to unlock. A twitter poster and souls Youtube content creator Vaati Vidya has shared footage of the enigmatic door. Now if you don’t want to know how to unlock the door, you can avoid spoilers by skipping this section of our video.
- But if you thought that’s it for the door, you don’t know how persistent fans are, through some clever use of the photo mode, more is revealed. Reddit user Cosmic-Vagabond discovered that if you hug the door, you can angle your camera through the door, then activate photo mode to peer in, and you will see a terrace. On this terrace is strange glowing item being clutched by what appears to be a deceased knight.
- The solution to the problem however was speedily solved, by Souls speed runner Disolution2 who found that using the Ceramic Coins found in Fractured mode, and giving them to Sparkly the Crow gains them a key. Behind the door is an armor set based on the Penetrator boss.
- Demon’s Souls is now available on Playstation 5. Want to know what we thought? Check out our Demon’s Souls Remake Review.
For more on this news find it here in Demon’s Souls Has A Secret Locked Door and Demon’s Souls Remake Mystery Door Solved.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- If you’ve been playing the Viking action-RPG Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and subscribed to Amazon Prime, you can gain a pack of free cosmetic items which includes a pigeon.
- Linking your game to your Amazon Prime Gaming account will allow you to gain the Carolingian Dynasty Gear Pack which includes a mythic-quality gear set, some items for your boat, a horse and a pigeon. This pigeon skin changes your raven groping into…well a pigeon. In order to change out your raven, visit the Aviary in your settlement to pick it up.
- If you’re thinking to pick up Assassin’s Creed Valhalla but not sure whether to take the plunge, you can check out our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Review. Need some good tips and tricks to get you going? Watch/read our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Beginner Guide.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is now available to play on Playstation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, PC, Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X.
For more on this news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Amazon Prime Rewards Turns Your Raven Into A Pigeon.
- Bioware shared this week more game art for the next upcoming Mass Effect game, sharing three more artworks featuring the new Mass Relay and more.
- The latest batch of images previews of what looks to be a ship, which has a design similar to the architecture of the Remnant.
- Another image shows what could be the construction of the new Mass Relay, a structure that transported the Normandy in the original trilogy, this one is called MR-7.
- Recently Bioware also announced that the Mass Effect games would be remastered, releasing the Mass Effect Legendary Edition in Spring 2021. It will contain all three games, releasing on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, as well as Xbox Series X and Playstation 5.
For more news be sure to read next Bioware Releases New Artwork For Next Mass Effect.
- CD Project Red have released the first footage of what Cyberpunk 2077 will look like running on both consoles Xbox Series X and Xbox One X.
- The footage was shown during the latest Night City Wire episode, featuring both consoles playing Cyberpunk 2077. Both consoles seem to run the game pretty smoothly, but of course the game is optimised for Xbox Series X which looks rather crisp and clean.
- You can see the comparisons between both consoles, in the video which features chatting with NPCs, taking a ride around the city, exploring the Night City on foot, talking with Johnny Silverhand and shooting some guns.
- There was also a new trailer featuring different aspects of the game including character customisation, backstory, locations and more.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will be launching on December 10th. It will be available to play on PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X, Stadia and GeForce Now.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 First Xbox Series X And Xbox One X Gameplay Previewed.
The Games Awards 2020
- The nominees are now in for The Game Awards 2020, Game of the Year, which include a number of titles that made it big this year. Host Geoff Keighley shared the list of nominees during a livestream. He also mentioned a few titles that had frequent nominees over categories, this included Falls Guys and Half-Life: Alyx.
- The finalists for the the Game of the Year Award 2020 includes the six nominees, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, The Last of Us Part II, DOOM Eternal, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Ghost of Tsushima and Hades.
- It’s an interesting mix of genres, with some not so surprising entries for the GOTY. Recently The Golden Joystick 2020 also shared their nominees, which included pretty much the exact same list here, however far more to vote for, for their Ultimate Game of the Year.
- Who do you think should win the Game of the Year Award? What about Best Role Playing Game? We’re interested to hear your thoughts!
- The Game Awards 2020 will be live streamed on December 10th 2020 at 3:30 PM PT via Youtube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook Live, Steam and more.
For more on this news find it here in The Game Awards 2020 Nominees Revealed Includes FFVII Remake, Ghost Of Tsushima And More.
- MiHoyo has announced they have decided to decrease the difficulty of the boss fight against Tartaglia (Childe) in the story portion.
- A new patch this week was released for Genshin Impact to nerf the boss fight against Childe in the story version.
- The main story quest or archon quest Heart of Glaze, which pits players against the elemental wielding version of Childe (which makes you question “hey why doesn’t my Childe do that?”) will be getting a nerf due to feedback from the community.
- This starts a debate about game difficulty, as you need to complete the fight, in order to continue the questline/story. Normally storyline quests are meant to be manageable but it seems due to feedback, maybe miHoyo felt they didn’t want their players to be deterred, or struggle through. If you’re looking for a further challenge there is always the weekly boss version which can be fought in both solo and in co-op.
- What do you think of the change in difficulty for the story boss fight? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact To Nerf Boss Fight Against Childe In Story Version.
- A big leak for Capcom has unveiled upcoming games which includes Dragon’s Dogma 2, Monster Hunter 6, Resident Evil Outbreak and much more, including release windows.
- Capcom confirmed earlier in the week that they had been subject to a “customized ransomware attack” that led to an unauthorised access to their network.
- The data packages that were leaked contained Capcom’s game development plans up to the next four years. The schedule contains a number of sequels and remakes, while some were only listed under codenames.
- IGN has said that both Dragon’s Dogma 2 and Street Fight 6 are legitimate, but may be out of date. Dragon’s Dogma 2 is listed to be releasing in Q2 of fiscal year 2022, while titles such as Resident Evil Outbreak are supposedly coming in Q4 of 2021.
- A Dragon’s Dogma sequel does seem like it could be happening, with the recent release of the Dragon’s Dogma anime series on Netflix, it doesn’t seem farfetched that a sequel could be underway. What games on this list do you hope are true? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Capcom Leaks Reveals Dragon’s Dogma 2, Monster Hunter 6 Plus Many More.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: