Genshin Impact started with a lot of hype in September 2020. However, due to numerous problems, it lost the favor of some players. With the start of Update 1.2 on December 23, 2020, the exclusive event for inactive players bring back again.
Rewards for returnees
The event is not limited in time, but is linked to other conditions. You have to fulfill the following three points in order to qualify for the action called “Second Coming of the Stars” and then you have 14 days to receive your rewards.
These are the conditions for participation:
- Adventure rank 10 or higher
- Not logged in for 14 days
- The »Return of the Stars« campaign was not activated for 45 days
What do you get?
- In-game currencies: Primeval rock, fragile resin
- Items for leveling: A hero’s wisdom, mystical reinforcement ore and other items
- Equipment: One-handed “stone cutter prototype”
- Short term account bonuses: Double the booty from the tree of spheres, blossoms of abundance and blossoms of revelation three times a day.
You can get things like veteran and the numerous items via a special one Login bonus referred to as “the passage of time”. In our guide, however, we explain exactly what purpose the individual currencies serve:
more on the subject
Genshin Impact: What you need to know about the 10 currencies
You can get the special one-hander through the exclusive quest series “way home”. For them you have to complete tasks at random every day in order to collect points. If you have enough, you will get the sword for free.
What has changed since the release?
Genshin Impact has been receiving since its official launch two major updates and bridged the time in between with smaller events. The biggest changes since the release that you can still benefit from now include:
- Story continuation: The story continued and the first act ended.
- A third world boss: In Liyue there is a new world boss with weekly rewards after completing the story.
- Free character: Every player now has the opportunity to get Healer Barbara completely free of charge.
- A new area: With Drachengrat you explore a new area that also offers small survival mechanics.
- Reputation system: You can increase your reputation in Lunar City and Liyue to get special rewards.
- Promotion Rewards: For the advancement of your characters you get rewards like free chances for the loot boxes.
Apart from that, however, even more content and features have been added. What exactly the endgame of Genshin Impact currently has to offer to keep you happy in the long run, you can find out in the following article:
more on the subject
Genshin Impact: What you can do in the endgame
In the meantime, were also new characters releasedsome of which you could only get in their special banners. For returnees, only the two new additions to Update 1.2 are currently of interest. What they can do and what changes the recently released major update will bring, we explain to you in our overview of Update 1.2 or you can watch the trailer:
Genshin Impact 1.2 – Update Trailer introduces the new area and characters
In February 2021 the next big update should appear, which raises the version number to 1.3. With this the event “Lantern Rite Festival” will start. Great details about the patch are not yet known. Update 1.4 is due six weeks later. The fans are currently assuming that the Japan-based city of Inazuma will come into play and act 2 of the story will also start.
In addition, there are already leaks of the upcoming characters. For the next patch, players can expect anemo-wand user Xiao, while the next act of the story should add Ayaka, who goes into battle with a sword and cryo-magic.