Heart Shaped Games announced the sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG We Are The Caretakers is coming to Xbox Series and Xbox One.
We Are The Caretakers Announced to Be Coming to Xbox Series and Xbox One in 2021
The afrofuturist squad management RPG We Are The Caretakers will be coming to Xbox Series and Xbox One later in 2021. The game will be going into Early Access for PC via Steam on April 22nd.
The game is inspired by the likes of XCOM and Darkest Dungeon, putting players in the position of saving endangered species. The title is turn-based with strategic combat, where you will need to balance your reputation, funds, research, animals and alliances.
You can find the official key features below:
- Afrofuturist Universe – Former Activision-Blizzard artist Anthony Jones brings breathtaking afrofuturist style and human empathy to a complex sci-fi world.
- Reputation System – Every action affects how others see the Caretakers. Do they fear you? Or will they support your quest to protect the endangered Raun, and decide the fate of the world?
- Turn-Based Encounters – Balance force with diplomacy in an innovative turn-based combat system. Live with the consequences as you deal with the messy reality of animal conservation.
- Squad Building
- Grow Your Headquarters – Meet leaders, research technologies, and recruit allies in your science-fiction headquarters. Balance their conflicting demands to save our world.
- Nuanced Narrative – In our morally-complex world, the individuals outside your squad matter as much as the rangers you deploy on each map.
- Generated Wildlife – The challenging and procedurally generated survival mode brings never-ending ways to play.
- You Get a Baby Raun – It will nuzzle against your bed long after it grows too large to reasonably do so. It is adorable.
We Are The Caretakers will be releasing on Steam Early Access on April 22nd, and will be coming to Xbox Series and Xbox Game Pass later in 2021.
Find out why We Are The Caretakers made it to our Top 5 Upcoming RPGs for April 2021, among others that are launching next month.
For more news find it here in Monster Hunter Rise’s First Major Post-Launch Update Adding New Monsters This April and Lost Eidolons A Turn-Based Tactical RPG Announced For Consoles And PC.