- Popular messenger WhatsApp is expanding its functions with the latest update.
- Individual chat backgrounds and new search functions are being rolled out.
- However, the update will initially only be available for iOS devices.
WhatsApp-Users are currently receiving a new update. Many users are most excited about the customizable chat backgrounds. The otherwise uniform backgrounds can thus be optically designed differently. This helps with orientation, as each chat can have its own background. For the time being, this only works on iOS devices.
At this point you can find one Tweet, which complements the article. You can display it with one click.
You can change the background for all chats or set a background for a specific chat. You can also choose backgrounds specifically for dark mode or light mode.
Change WhatsApp chat background for all chats
- 1. Go to the Settings> Chats> Chat Background
- 2. Tap Select a new background or Select dark mode background.
- 3. Select a background category and then an image. (There you can see Standard background
- 4. Tap Establish.
Change WhatsApp chat background for a specific chat
- 1. The corresponding chat must be active.
- 2. Then click on the contact or group name and there on > Backgrounds & sounds> Select new background.
- 3. Select a background category and then the image that you want to set as the background. (There you can see Standard background also restore the normal background of WhatsApp.)
- 4. Now tap on Establish.
By the way: You can use the background for the Darkmode also dim in the settings.
WhatsApp in the latest update with additional search functions – Android users have to wait
There is also a new addition to the WhatsApp search function. Previously, you could specifically search for keywords in the app Emojis and search for GIFS. From now on, this also works for stickers: Using keywords, emotions can now also be better filtered on stickers.
These new functions are currently only available to iPhone users. Android smartphone users still have to be patient.
WhatsApp: This is what you can expect in 2021