Lost Ark is finally coming to Europe – already in autumn 2021. At first glance, the Korean MMORPG by Smilegate is very reminiscent of Western action role-playing games such as Diablo or Path of Exile. The combat system in particular has many similarities.
In contrast to Diablo, Lost Ark relies on a much larger repertoire of different classes, for example. Before we want to ask you which class is your favorite so far, we will briefly introduce the class system again.
If you are already familiar with Lost Ark and want to go straight to the survey, best click here. And if you want to get a little impression of Lost-Ark, the best thing to do is to watch colleague Maurice’s video on the subject:
Amazon finally brings Lost Ark to us – but Maurice fears a Pay2Win disaster
The Lost Ark class system
5 basic classes at the start of the game
When you start the game for the first time, you do not directly select one of the currently fourteen classes that can be played in the EU version, but first have to choose one of the five basic classes. It also determines your gender at the beginning.
These five basic classes are:
- Martial (currently purely female)
- Warrior (currently all male)
- Mage (currently purely female)
- Gunner (currently mostly male, with a female advanced class)
- Assassin (currently all female)
With the basic class you commit to a basic play style. For example, the Martial class is currently a close combat class that is strongly reminiscent of monks.
Each basic class has its own starting area and its own story, in which you get the basics of the game explained. At level 10 you can then choose one of the fourteen advanced classes currently in the EU version.
All advanced classes at a glance
Now that we have clarified which classes you cannot play in the EU version, we want to focus on the really playable classes and introduce them briefly:
- Scrapper: Class specialized in close combat with fist weapons.
- Soulfist: Melee and ranged combat class with fist weapons that can shoot fireballs and lasers at long range.
- Wardancers: Fast melee class with fist weapons that works with aerial combos.
- Gunlancer: Tank class with a massive shield and gunlance that works at short and long distances and has two combat stances.
- Berserker: Melee class that makes use of the great sword and is considered very beginner-friendly.
- Paladin: The melee class is armed with a sword and a book and can deal physical and magical damage and aid allies.
- Bard: Old school ranged combat class. With a harp in her luggage, the bard primarily supports other players.
- Summoner: Ranged class that is reminiscent of the typical magician or sorceress and conjures spirits.
- Gunner: Ranged class with firearms that can choose between shotguns, pistols and sniper rifles.
- Gunslinger: Kind of a female version of the Gunner. Both classes are very similar.
- Artillerist: Ranged class with a flamethrower or a bazooka.
- Sharpshooter: Ranged fast combat class that uses a bow.
- Deathblade: Melee class that uses daggers or two-handed swords.
- Shadowhunter: Melee class that uses Blade Tonfas and Demonology.
Even more information, pictures and videos about the individual classes can be found at our colleagues from MeinMMO. You can see how the individual classes look in action in the gameplay trailer:
Lost Ark: Western Version Gameplay Trailer
Not all advanced classes come in the EU version
In contrast to the Korean version of Lost Ark, not all classes are available in the European version. You cannot play the following classes in the EU version of Lost Ark:
- Lance Master (Basis-Klasse: Martial)
- Striker (base class: Martial)
- Destroyer (Basis-Klasse: Warrior)
- Arcana (base class: Mage)
- Scouts (Basic Class: Gunner)
- Reaper (Basis-Klasse: Reaper)
That is why they do not appear in the following survey.
Vote for your favorite class now
Now that we’ve introduced all of the classes, it’s your turn. Take part in our survey and choose your favorite class:
These 14 classes are currently confirmed for the EU release version. It is not clear whether there will be more classes for the release. But it is rather unlikely. Presumably, however, new classes will find their way into the game with upcoming updates.