Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem is still far from running smoothly two weeks after the release. To eliminate the biggest bugs and problems of the action RPG, the developers have now released another update.
Patch 1.0.5 is now live, you can download it now. One of the most important innovations is one limitation: The new update makes it impossible to convert unique items into legendary items.
The developers justify this with the fact that they only want to allow this item conversion if the feature works properly. So one day the function could return, but for the time being, all unique items are at least virtually uncompetitive, at least in the end game.
Moreover the summoning skills have received a major overhaul, The official Patch Notes tell us what exactly the patch brings with it and what improvements are in it.
German Patch Notes on Wolcen 1.0.5
- Gold and primeval affinity have been reset to normal values by characters due to exploits.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to stack temporary productivity bonuses.
- It is no longer possible to put a unique item in the transmutation shop or the black market. Unique items that were transformed this way before the update have been reset. If you already had a pending project with a Unique Item, you will receive a Legendary Item, but it will be updated after you reconnect in the game.
- Problems with the quick switch between online and offline have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that caused unlocked colors / skins to reset. We found another bug, so unfortunately a reset can still happen, but it will now occur less often. We work on a solution.
- The ability to remove items from the trading window has been removed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to spin very slowly after leaving a secondary dungeon.
- The nameplate network synchronization and some related bugs have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where explosive barrels could bypass the force shield.
- Fixed an issue that generated too much force shield when lifting the globes.
- Fixed an issue with network synchronization and primeval essence when using the "Parallel Convergence" ability from an infinity perspective.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from interacting with the chest immediately after speaking to a merchant.
- Fixed an issue that caused inconsistent display of the strength shield value in the detail field of the character sheet when equipping items and gems.
- Fixed an issue that caused the stack count of items placed in the trade window to not display correctly.
- Removed unused cosmetic slots that appear in different game resolutions.
- Some problems with matchmaking have been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in a black screen when participating in a Stormfall Mode Champion session.
- Fixed an issue where the "Vignetting" setting could not be saved when exiting the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Gilded Extravagance achievement would no longer work.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from accessing the monolith during the third quest, Rise of Anger.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck in a charge when deselecting modifiers while using the ability.
- Reduced spell critical damage modifiers from 30% to 25%.
- The spell's medium critical damage modifiers have been reduced from 40% to 35%.
- Juggernaut: Fixed an issue that caused players to be stunned while using Simulakrum and Returning Attack modifiers.
- Sovereign Scream: Fixed an issue that prevented players from using debuff stacks when using the Dawn Modifier.
- Winter clasps now don't get a cooldown reduction per level.
- Bulwark of Dawn: "Holy Reasons" now tick only 2 times per second instead of 3 times.
- Flight of Gaavanir: Fixed an issue where the critical chance of "Standing Boulder" was much higher than expected.
- Bloody Cut "Unstoppable Momentum": Damage reduction increased from -100 to -150.
- Bloody Cut "Unstoppable Momentum": The damage gain per level has been corrected from 1 to 0.
- Bloody Cut "Unstoppable Momentum": Adds a 10 second cooldown to the ability.
- Bloody Cut "Unstoppable Momentum": The damage multiplier per status effect stack has been reduced from 20% to 2%.
- Bloody cut "Self-adaptation principle": The projectile speed multiplier has been reduced from 1.75 to 1.3.
Damage curve for summons:
- Summoning damage is greatly increased in the first 15 levels (up to + 100%).
- Summoning damage is increased by approximately 20% in the first 40 levels.
- Summoning damage is also increased from + 40% to + 200% from level 40 to level 90.
Health curve for subpoenas:
- Summoning health pool increased from level 1 to 55 (from +500 to 0%).
- Summoning health reduced from level 55 to 90 (from 0% to -75%).
- Summons should now move faster.
- Summons now attack targets from further away.
- Melee Summoning form of attack has been improved: These now affect a larger area.
- Dead spots: Immortal Throat Base Health Multiplier reduced by 30%.
- Feeding Swarm: The base health multiplier for the summon has been increased by 50%.
- Hunting Flock: The base health multiplier for summoning has been increased by 100%.
- Parasite: Basic bonus damage for possessed opponents has been increased from 100% to 300%.
- Parasite: Owned enemies now have a 50% attack and spell speed bonus.
- Parasite: Obsessed enemies now have a 100% movement speed bonus.
- Parasite: The Giant Shoulders modifier now increases summoning health by 40% and damage by 33%.
- Fixed an issue where possessed enemies did not have the base bonus applied by Parasite.
Gate of Destiny
- Armorer, virtuoso stance, and probing weakness now give -25% for the total on all resistances instead of 0%.
- The critical damage bonus has been reduced on many nodes: from 20% to 15%, from 14% to 10% and from 10% to 5%.
- Vain efforts now increase block efficiency from 14% to 20%.
- Merciless Deadly damage modifier reduced from 100% to 60%.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Toxic Discharge passive node to stop working after teleporting.
- Fixed an issue with the passive node calculation of "Aspiration of Faith".
- Fixed an issue where the game would restore Fate Configuration after paying for a reset and then quitting the game.
- Fixed an issue with the calculation of the passive node "Primeval Insights".
- Fixed an issue with the calculation of the passive node "Academic Fieldwork".
- Fixed an issue with the calculation of the passive node "Captured Velocity".
- A problem with the calculation of the passive node "Zeal" has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the "Moving Shadow" passive node from working as intended.
- Fixed a bug in the damage calculation when using the passive node "What time cannot heal".
- Fixed issue with status display when removing the helmet when using the passive node "Salvator anchor".
- Corrupted Swarm Swinger has been temporarily replaced with other creatures while we're working on the Hitbox issue.
- Treasure Omen now give 1 stack of gold per hit instead of 3.
- Pacified Brothers, Pacified Hierophants, Risen Brothers and Risen Hierophants are now correctly affected by the pull effects (e.g. Grasp of the Reaver).
- Act III Boss: The range of the lightning has been reduced by 20%.
- Act III Boss: The range of the bullets has been reduced by 15%.
- Act III Boss: The visibility of the visual effect warning about the activation of a bullet has been increased.
- Act I Boss: The jump speed has been reduced
- Act I Boss: The jump display has been improved. It is now more visible and accurate.
- Fixed an issue where the Act III boss would remain invulnerable and freeze when it died.
- The productivity multiplier compared to the expedition levels has been reduced by 50%.
- It is now impossible to increase the quality of an object whose quality is already at the highest level.
- Reduced primordial affinity prices for Super Boss projects on the black market: from 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 to 2,000, 5,000, 10,000.
- Fixed an issue where the loot level during expeditions was lower than expected.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the productivity multiplier being ignored when ending an endgame expedition.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the productivity gain summary between endgame expeditions from being updated.
- Removed the ability to send stacks of items to endgame projects that require items to complete.
- Level 1 to 12 modifiers for accessories now have a critical damage rating from (5-6) to (19-20) instead of (5-10) to (25-30).
- Level 1 to 12 gem modifiers now have critical attack and spell damage values from (9-9) to (20-20) instead of (14-14) to (25-25).
- Level 1 to 12 gem modifiers now have global critical damage values from (4-4) to (15-15) instead of (9-9) to (20-20).
- Fix: weapon sound in the Invetar
- Fix: Music was stopped after a few cutscenes
- Fix: Pacified people
- Fix: Aurora Ritter sounds were played twice
- Fix: Missing shrine sounds
- Fix: Voices and sounds from the devourer
- Fix: Various Yudai problems
- Fix: Missing color sound added
- Fix: Drop sound for unique items was occasionally missing
- Improved: Sound when learning skills
- Improved artillery explosion
- Item drop and level-up improvements
- Positional noises remained active after leaving the location
- Restoration of ambient noise in some areas where the start failed
- Sinadrahel's voice replaced
- Korean localization added
- English localization has been updated
- German localization updated
- Polish localization updated
- Russian localization updated
- Simplified Chinese localization has been updated
- Portuguese Brazilian localization has been updated
- French localization updated
- Spanish localization has been updated
Download language patch: The localization in the Steam hotfix does not include all corrections / new strings, so the German Wolcen community recommends downloading another file until the developers have finished all new strings. The corresponding file can be found on the official fan page Wolcen-game.de in the lower area of the patch notes (under the item »Localization«).