Animal Crossing: New Horizons has a multitude of new options for players and one of them is the terraforming or public works, which allows players to completely transform the rivers and cliffs of their islands, adding a new element of customization like never before (does not unlock until after Totakeke visits your island, so you will have to complete that step first before you can transform your city).
As with any unfamiliar addition, it can seem daunting and overwhelming at first, especially if you don’t have any good ideas. But don’t worry, because today we will share with you: eight great terraforming ideas to make your adventure in the world of landscaping much easier and they are the following:
- 1. MuseumUsing your waterscaping tool to sculpt the land and surround the building with water really helps let visitors know that it is a place worth visiting, especially if it is full of critters and fish.
- 2. Valle: having an entire valley full of waterfalls and cliffs of different sizes with the walk surrounded by its own body of water, the walk to your house will make you feel majestic. For an added effect, you could even place flowers and objects on cliffs to brighten up the space and make it your own.
— Junk Dog (@JunkusDoggus) March 25, 2020
- 3. Market: Using the cliff design tool to fill in some hills and adding a waterfall and river, a beautiful divider is created between the Mini Nook and Hermanas Handyman tents, which you can connect with a bridge, or even a step.
- 4. Neighborhood: New Horizons has finally introduced the ability to move villagers’ houses anywhere you want, so grouping them into a neighborhood is a great way to section off your island and leave the rest of it free for endless creations. You can also decorate your residential area with fences and furniture, and you can customize the exterior of the houses so that each one has its own personalized patio.
— Cornet / cornet (@ td03846938) March 28, 2020
- 5. Zoo: If you’re on an island getaway, hopefully there will be some sort of attraction for tourists that better than a zoo.
- 6. Garden– The use of many types of plants, such as trees, shrubs and flowers, will calm the area and be a place where people will enjoy going in search of tranquility. Outdoor furniture can also liven up the space. Especially if benches are added for visitors to sit and relax, and a turntable with soothing music.
- 7. Park: making a park is another way to create a place for everyone to relax. It is essential to place some benches for people to sit and decorate them with trees, flowers and shrubs. You can even make a playground for the kids using outdoor furniture like a slide, a climbing frame, and colorful sliders for them to enjoy.
- 8. Entrance to the island– Having friends visit your island is a staple for many when playing Animal Crossing, whether it’s to trade or catalog items, collect fruit, or just hang out together. So why not make a legendary entrance and surprise them as soon as they leave the airport? You can also add a bridge in place of a path through the water, and even make an arch for an extra special effect.
What do you think of these ideas?