In January 2019, good news reached us from Barcelona. Abylight Studios Y Locomalito shared through a press release the release date of Damn Castilla EX for Nintendo Switch, which confirmed its premiere on the hybrid console in 2018.
This title was launched through the Nintendo Switch eShop on Jan 24, 2019 for $ 13.99 / 13,99$ / 1700 ¥. Well, we get interesting news about it. Turns out that Damn Castilla EX will receive a collector’s edition through the distributor Abylight Studios.
This is all that includes:
- Game Card: The most important item of all… the Game Card for Nintendo Switch.
- Reversible face: choose between the classic cover and an alternative design inspired by medieval engravings.
- Manual: Learn more about the enemies you will have to face to banish Evil from this Earth.
- Soundtrack CD – The complete original Gryzor87 soundtrack in all its glory!
- Sticker: Legend has it that a demon used the tears of a young witch to open the gate of hell. This fateful moment is represented on this circular sticker.
- Making-of Book: From freeware to collaboration with Abylight, the incredible journey that began in Locomalito’s notebook is now documented in a book!
- Keychain: May the fairies grant you extra items!
- Arcade Machine – Build your own cardboard arcade and bring some of that classic arcade spirit into your home! 3D lenticular screen!
As shared, Pre-orders for European collectors are open right now at the Abylight official store
Finally, we remind you of your premise and his trailer:
The tears of a young witch have been transformed by a demon into a key that opens the doors of evil to this world.
In Maldita Castilla EX we put on the armor of the knight Don Ramiro, who, following the orders of King Alfonso VI of Castilla, embarks on an adventure through the doomed lands of Tolomera to expel the evil that has invaded the Kingdom.
Take on Mouras, Ojáncanos, Nuberus and Malismos: creatures of folklore that populate European legends, as well as chivalric novels such as Amadís de Gaula. To do this, you will have a multitude of weapons with which to defeat your enemies. All in the purest style of arcade action.
- Explore Tolomera del Rey in 8 game phases.
- Duel over 48 enemy types and 19 final bosses.
- Depending on your success in the mission, you will meet 1 of the 4 possible endings.
- Learn about all the myths collected in the illustrated bestiary.
- Show off your weapon prowess with 16 unlockable achievements.
- Raise a battle cry with themes from the soundtrack and remastered audio.
At the moment its release date has not been announced, but we have been able to know that shipments will begin this summer.
What do you think?