Despite having been released on April 20, 2020, the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons It was the best-selling title of the month in Japan, according to the latest company data. Famitsu.
Nintendo had an excellent month in April, as it sold more than 1,286,000 copies of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, while its Nintendo Switch console was also the best-selling of the month over PlayStation 4, although with a notable drop in numbers compared to last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
You can see more details about the sales in April 2020 below:
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons （Switch） – Nintendo ： 1,286,742
- Final Fantasy VII Remake （PS4） – Square Enix ： 839,074
- Resident Evil 3 （PS4） – Capcom: 244,640
- Trials of Mana 3 （PS4） – Square Enix ： 80,383
- Trials of Mana 3 （Switch） – Square Enix ： 70,114
- Nintendo Switch （Total) ： 314,931 （Previous month: 836,094）
- PlayStation 4 （Total): 166,150 （Previous month: 64,492)
(Nintendo Switch sales include those of Nintendo Switch Lite. PlayStation 4 sales include those of PlayStation 4 Pro）
Game sales consolidated by distributors
- Nintendo ： 1,621 million
- Square Enix ： 1,032 million
- Capcom ： 299,000