In the last few hours, a curious rumor related to the Borderlands franchise has spread. This is especially interesting for igamesnews considering that Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel are on their way to Nintendo Switch.
Well, the rumor in question claims that popular actress Cate Blanchett will play Lilith, one of the game's six mermaids, in a live-action movie on the way. This is how the media Variety shares it.
He claims that Blanchett has already signed the role of this film adaptation, to be borne by Lionsgate. It also offers these details:
- The project is being directed by Eli Roth, with Avi and Ari Arad producing through Arad Prods alongside Erik Feig, who is also producing through his Picturestart brand.
- Emmy winner Craig Mazin for writing "Chernobyl" has written the latest draft of the script.
- The film's executive producers are Randy Pitchford and Strauss Zelnick, with James Myers and Aaron Edmonds overseeing the project on behalf of Lionsgate.
- Emmy Yu is overseeing the movie for Arad Productions.
- Lucy Kitada will oversee the project for Picturestart.
As you can see, the details are very specific, so it is likely that we will soon know more details about it. We will be very attentive.