Without a doubt the work of translation in video games It’s very important. It will not be strange that many of you have asked yourself on more than one occasion “Why has this game not arrived in translation?” or we have even seen comments such as “If it comes in English, they will not see my money” … Surely there are countless times that we have read comments of this style, not only on this page, but all over the internet.
Well, today we will talk about the work of a Spanish traslator called Samuel R. Ortega known on Twitter as @BokuGamer. Most of you may not know him, but he has worked on the translation into Spanish of such outstanding titles as No Straight Roads, Yo-Kai Watch 3, FFVIII Remastered, Rainbow Skies y más.
But today we will talk about another title in which he has had the honor of working and that is rigorously current and is none other than Monster Hunter Rise
Monster Hunter Rise is finally on sale for Nintendo Switch, a game that I have had the immense honor of translating into Spanish! Although it has had its complications due to how complex it is, I hope that the work is at the height of the great game that Capcom has done. #MHRise pic.twitter.com/ubDzHrOghI
– Samuel R. Ortega (@BokuGamer) March 26, 2021
To share his experience he has done it through a blog where he explains interesting details of this important project. We leave you a abstract of the highlights below:
- Monster Hunter Rise translation work began to end of 2019.
- To this day it is the most important project you have ever worked on.
- Initially it felt a bit overwhelmed knowing that he was going to take over the translation of a game of such importance.
- Highlights that not an easy game to translate
- Shortly after starting he felt quite comfortable and confident with it, and that even despite not having videos or too much material about the game, since it was developing as it was being translated.
- Capcom praised the quality of the translation carried out, the creativity and the absence of grammatical, glossary and consistency errors..
- In addition to translating the game, tHe also took care of the game manual, the website, the necessary settings for the demo and even the Direct subtitles. in which its existence was made known for the first time.
- A curiosity is that during the Nintendo direct he was presented to the chordoptera, but not with that name, but with that of cable bugs. That change occurred just that week, but it was too hasty to change it in said Direct. The reason for the change was that when the translation of that term reached us, it did so without knowing what exactly they were. In those cases a more literal translation is done until we can know what it is, so, from Wirebug, the provisional translation was simply cablebicho, and that is how they began to be called on all web pages.
- He was also entrusted with the task of monitor the changes that the test boys and girls were making, as well as that of resolve any questions you may have.
- Your work is not done yet as will also work on the PC version (scheduled for early 2022), as well as in the updates that they are doing.
If you are interested in reading his full blog, you can do so at this link. Also, if you have any doubts or questions about something related to his work in this title, you can leave it in the comments and he will try to answer you as much as possible. So do not hesitate to take the opportunity!
From iGamesNews we thank you for your great work and we hope you continue to participate in great projects in the future.