It’s not just DOOM Eternal lighting up the Switch eShop this afternoon, as Sega’s Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 also launches for the platform today.
A sequel to the original Puyo Puyo Tetris – what do you mean, you’d “figured that out already”? – this new game provides a brand-new RPG-inspired Skill Battle mode, a colourful new story and characters in Adventure mode, online features, and more. In our review, we described this one as a brilliant and entertaining puzzle title, even if it’s perhaps a little too similar to the first game in some regards.
Alongside the new launch trailer above, Sega has confirmed that players “can look forward to more game features, additional characters, and more” in future free updates, and has also noted that there’s a day-one patch available “to ensure that all players have the best experience possible”. Make sure you update your game before diving in.
Here’s what you can expect:
– Colorful crossover puzzle play for up to 4 players, online and offline
– Navigate a new overworld map in Adventure Mode and follow the all-new story adventure, as the characters traverse the merged worlds to rescue their pals from a dark corruption
– Replay stages for more rewards, experiment with different difficulty levels, test out your favorite playstyle, and unlock new characters, backgrounds, bonus stages and more
– 28 playable characters, both new and returning, each with their own unique abilities and stats
– Select characters with complementary skills in Skill Battle Mode to strategize and create the most powerful team possible and see how they stack up against your opponents
– Test out your skillset with the new online features, including challenging Puzzle Leagues, or play with up to four players in a variety of customizable matches in Free Play for a more casual experience
– Challenge modes including endless Tetris and Puyo Puyo add still more variety to solo and online play
Are you buying a copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 today? Carefully place a comment down below.