In today’s games, especially in eSports or those with competitive multiplayer, being able to focus and being able to think and move quickly is essential to achieve victory. Obviously the material must accompany and be consistent with this, but today we are not going to go into it but rather in you, as a gamer user, because as we have already mentioned after all, if you do not do not have “the hands”, you will hardly be able to reach them. Be competitive.
The routine that will improve your playing performance
If when you go to play you are tired, you did not sleep well, you are cold, hungry, too hot and a long time etc., your playing performance will be seriously affected. This is why it is essential to maintain a good routine, in part to improve your health, which will allow you to be at 100% so that you can concentrate and think better to win your games.
Your arms and hands are your most important tools when playing. Whether with a keyboard and mouse or a controller, if your fingers are too stiff, it will affect your ability to react, so a good practice is to stretch and strengthen your hands and fingers.
Look for movements that relax the joints and ligaments in the hands and arms. A good example is the ‘prayer’ stretch, in which you press your palms and fingers with your elbows pointing outward, holding the position for at least 30 seconds while pushing your connected hands down to stretch. your wrists.
Specific finger exercises are also a good habit to improve your playing performance. The simplest but really very effective example is the so-called thumb extensor: all you have to do is place your thumb against the thumb. palm of your hand and wrap the rest of your fingers around it, then gently bend your fist to the side of your hand. little finger.
These are all exercises that you can do throughout the day without even thinking about it. However, as they point out in the video above, none of them are meant to hurt; do not push your joints beyond their limits and, if you experience pain, stop immediately and see a doctor.
Improve your reflexes with specific games
It’s not just about being physically fit and healthy, but at the end of the day, reflexes are also largely a state of mind, and the best way to improve your reflexes is to simply exercise. to train. What you need for this are specific styles of play that hone skills like accuracy, hand-eye coordination, and strategic thinking under pressure.
Fast-paced first-person shooters are great, especially when you need to cooperate with other players. These types of games require great reflexes and a lot of hand-eye precision, so even if your goal is to improve for example in a MOBA type game, playing FPS type games will also improve your performance in these.
It may sound silly, but if you are looking to improve your playing performance in a specific game, sometimes practicing in a completely different game will help you not to improve in that specific game, but to improve your reflexes and your ability to think. under pressure. .
Other tips to improve your gaming performance
Of course, there are many other factors besides warming up and good health that will help you perform your best when playing:
- Avoid distractions: when you want to have maximum concentration, you should always avoid having distractions around you like moving objects (objects, a window, the TV, a light source, etc.), including noise, so always play with headphones it’s a good idea to help you stay focused.
- Maintain good posture: many times we have talked about the importance of having good posture to avoid pain and fatigue. When you want to improve your gaming performance (or just want to be the best you can be), fatigue is your worst enemy.
- Keep your hands warm: the cold can not only be very annoying, but also reduce your ability to react. When it comes to playing, as we mentioned before, your hands are your tools, so keeping them warm is essential.
- Always have water on hand: Staying hydrated is essential for being in good shape. If you are thirsty, not only will your body not be at its peak, but you will also think you are thirsty and it will reduce your focus in the game.
- Don’t let your gear leave you in the dark: Although in this article we tell you how to improve your gaming performance without spending money, we assume that you have hardware up to the task. If your PC shakes you up or your mouse isn’t precise enough, it doesn’t matter if you are in top physical condition because you won’t be able to get the best performance.