As you know, MacOS operating systems are designed for certain hardware selected by Apple. And, of course, they charge us for it – alternatively-, but if we don't want to pay the larger price they ask for their machines, we have to "pay" them in some way, which breaks our heads to make their app work on other instruments, from what we know as Hackintosh.
So, and without getting into details (because for each Hardware, in some cases, you'll have to do a different configuration), we'll tell you what configuration and configuration you'll need to do to kick your first Hackintosh.
Startup settings on computer BIOS
The most recommended item is to turn on the computer before installing anything, access the BIOS by pressing SUPR, F10 or the corresponding motherboard key. Once in BIOS, the following conversion is recommended. In our example we will use a Gigabyte motherboard,
- Upload defaults (return to factory defaults). This assures us that the BIOS is as good as it left the factory, even though it is only needed when using the motherboard. If you bought a new one, it is not necessary.
- Enable XMP RAM memory. Depending on the manufacturer, this could be with advanced options, Overclock or M.I.T.
- BIOS -> Fast Boot -> Disable. You should disable this feature because it happens in Windows and may cause problems with macOS.
- BIOS -> LAN PXE Boot Option ROM: Disable. As in the past, it is best to have this parameter disabled to avoid problems.
- BIOS -> Managing Boot Storage Options: UEFI. MacOS does not support this option in Legacy mode.
- Sincerely: In this phase there are different ways you can change.
- Trusted Computer -> Security Device Support: Disabled.
- Network Stack Configuration -> Network Stack: Disabled.
- USB Configuration -> USB Assisted Support: Auto.
- USB configuration -> XHCI Hand off: Enabled.
- Chipset -> Vt-d: Disabled.
- Chipset -> Wake on LAN: Disabled.
- Chipset -> OOICIC 24-119 Installed: Enabled.
As we mentioned, these names and menus appear on the Gigabyte motherboards but also other manufacturers will be the same. If you do not find a particular option, you can remove it because it will be because the plate you have is empty.
Some things to consider before hiking Hackintosh
We will not consider how to download Mac OS Catalina 10.15, because of that you will need a Mac because it can only be downloaded from the Mac App store. In addition, you must have a USB flash drive with at least 16 GB of boot and install the operating system there. We would recommend that to be the first to be USB 2.0 and not USB 3.0, because although it will be slower it offers less compatibility issues.
However, keep in mind that each motherboard is different, and MacOS installation may vary depending on the type you want to install. Also note that in many cases and in MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, EFI must be modified with certain settings, which we recommend to use Clover EFI Bootloader.