The NVIDIA 466.27 WHQL drivers do not ship with new hardware, but they demonstrate the close collaboration between NVIDIA and the developers in creating suitable drivers for the latest versions.
Three great games powered by NVIDIA 466.27 WHQL
New pilots come with optimized profiles Ready for the game for the three major releases at the moment, the first being the eighth numbered installment of the classic survival horror saga Resident Evil, which continues in the same style as its predecessor which redefined this classic saga.
The second game is not new, but it is Metro Exodus Enhaced Edition, a completely remade version of a game that used to be spectacular, but now with a version entirely designed for Ray Tracing it looks spectacular. If you have an NVIDIA RTX 20 or an RTX 30 do not hesitate to play this version, which with the new patch will be well optimized. Believe us, it’s the difference between night and morning and a generational change.
Finally we have Legendary Mass Effect Edition, Bioware’s classic space RPG trilogy update also receives a Game Ready profile optimized for NVIDA GPUs. It’s one of the best trilogies in video game history with dozens if not hundreds of hours of playtime.
If we go out of the gaming world, we find that NVIDIA has added support for Agility DirectX 12 and an update of the mining limiter for the Redesign of the RTX 3060 released in May.
Issues fixed in this release
This time only three issues were resolved in NVIDIA 466.27 WHQL drivers.
- The huge amount of issues it was causing has been fixed Rainbow Six Siege when used with NVIDIA Reflex, you can now use this NVIDIA technology to have an edge in your games.
- The HDMI version 2.1 output it capped its refresh rate when vertical sync was turned off. This issue has been fixed and no longer occurs.
- Applications Rigid gems Yes Prepar3D no longer hangs on startup.
Since NVIDIA will be releasing a new driver in a few weeks due to the RTX 3080 Ti launch, we believe the list of fixed issues will grow in the next version and not be as short as the one just released.
Still unresolved issues
Finally, we have the issues that have not been resolved in this version of the NVIDIA drivers. Some of these are already classics like stuttering in Steam VR on startup and on YouTube when scrolling or turbulence of smoke in Batman: Arkham Knight. At this point, we wonder why NVIDIA continues to include them in the list.
- Error code 10 appears in Device Manager when a quick or custom installation of the driver has been performed and the system has not been restarted. This prevents the use of Dynamic Boost, so NVIDIA recommends a restart after installation for now.
- In Mortal Shell, if we set the quality of the shadows to a low level, an increase in the brightness of the image occurs. For now, NVIDIA recommends setting the shadows to a high or ultra level while working on a solution to the problem.
- If you have a GeForce GTX 10, you may find that the game suddenly crashes.
- In WoW: Shadowlands, they have yet to fix the flickering issue in some parts of the game.
As always, we hope that in later pilots most of these issues will be resolved.