It’s been a great couple of weeks Apex Legends‘Pathfinder. Last week the robot gripper got a fantastic animated short film about how it was made, and this week it’s getting its own in-game event. The new event is called Fight night, and it brings a few twists and turns on the subject of boxing to regular games of Apex Legends.
The biggest change in the Fight Night event will be the new limited time mode called Airdrop Escalation. This new mode is referred to as “Takeover Mode” by developer Respawn Entertainment, which means that it will replace the regular “Play Apex” mode for a limited time. For the most part, Airdrop Escalation will be just like regular Battle Royale, except there will be a lot more Airdrops, all with fully equipped weapons.
Every match of Airdrop Escalation begins with a few airdrops spread across the map, and several more are thrown from orbit onto the battlefield each round. Each of these come with high quality loot and weapons with all of their accessories.
As for the more Pathfinder-specific parts of the event, there is also Pathfinder’s Town Takeover, which allows players to enter a combat ring to take on each other in hand-to-hand combat. Inside the ring, which is called the Ring on the map, players can only use their fists as weapons and no one can shoot or throw grenades to interrupt hand-to-hand combat. Those who survive can collect additional loot and leave the ring with their loot.
Finally, the Fight Night event also includes some balance updates for Apex Legends, including a buff for Rampart and Caustic. There’s also a nice quality of life enhancement that lets you use Ultimate Accelerants automatically without opening your inventory. If your Ultimate is on cooldown, all you have to do now is press the button to activate it. Your character uses an Ultimate Accelerator instead.
To take a look at all of the changes made in this patch, see the full notes below.
Apex Legends Fight Night event patch notes
- Reinforced Cover: The cooldown has been reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- Nox Gas Trap: The cooldown has been reduced from 25 seconds to 20 seconds
- Damage reduced from 22 to 20
- Distribute the 3rd / 4th Pellets to decrease the maximum range of 4 pellet hits (was +/- 7.5 degrees, now +/- 10).
- The reserve balls increased from 175 to 210
- Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your Ultimate is currently unavailable, simply press the button (or buttons on a controller) to activate it. You then pull out any accelerators stored in your inventory and use them automatically.
- In a lobby, if a group member leaves your lobby for any reason, all group members are marked as “not ready”. This should prevent accidentally starting a match if your buddy is out for a second.
- The fabled “Mark All As Seen” button has been added. Click here to remove the annoying (I mean helpful) red dots.
- Now when you ping the next respawn beacon (from the spectator) it will always ping the next beacon unless you don’t have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, rather than the next beacon in the next by default use safe ring.
- We will now show you how many treasure packages it will take to get the next comic page. This should just make it easier for people chasing the new lore to know how far away they are.
- Caustic should now smack the door in place of his leg with his heirloom hammer, if available.
- We have added some information to the Find Friends field to describe a situation where your friend may not be found due to their EA Account settings.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Bloodhound UI to disappear after interacting with Horizon’s Tactical.
- Fixed an issue that caused Wraith’s portals to be destroyed by the Trident.
- Fixed an issue that caused Bangalore’s missile to go through hatch doors when closed in Worlds Edge.
- Fixed an issue where Mirage’s decoys were not making footstep noises.
- Fixed an issue where Hack would consume two Vault Keys when two keys were in Crypto’s inventory.
- Fixed an issue that caused Hack to get stuck in the Trident when used as a passenger and the Trident is on a ramp.
- Fixed an issue that could cause other players with Revenant to teleport when beating Revenant when he was very low on health.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Revenant from being able to use the Totem of Death on the Trident.
- Fixed many windows in World’s Edge preventing Loba’s bracelet from going through.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart to place Sheila in the phase runner.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in UI elements staying on screen after using Sheila.
- Fixed an issue with Horizon’s capabilities that did not affect Lifelines DOC and Crypto’s drone.