Danger! will start filming again on November 30th after the death of beloved host Alex Trebek Danger! Family ”at the top, announced the quiz show production team on Monday.
The producers said they are not currently naming a permanent replacement for Trebek. Instead, it’s the 37th se ason of Danger!
Trebek who hosted Danger! since 1984 died earlier this month at the age of 80 after being treated for stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He was diagnosed with cancer in March 2019 and filming continued Danger! during his treatment.
“Alex believed in the importance of Danger! and always said he wanted the show to go on after him. ” Danger! Executive producer Mike Richards said in a press release. “We will honor Alex’s legacy by continuing to produce the game he loved with bright candidates and challenging leads. Our goal is to win trusted hosts for the foreseeable future in order to create a feeling of community and continuity for our viewers. “
Trebek’s final filmed episodes are currently airing, and the final is slated to debut on Christmas Day. The Danger! The team pushed them back due to the expected vacation requirements: Trebek’s last week of the episode will now be broadcast in the week of January 4, 2021. Meanwhile, 10 of the episodes dubbed Trebek’s “best episodes” by producers will be airing on his show, Remembrance, in the weeks of December 21-28. The guest-moderated shows will be broadcast on January 11th and leave no gap between Trebek and Jennings.