Phoenix is a Duelist, so it's usually Agent leading the party. He can form an enemy team, and create a wall of fire to discourage the enemy from approaching. When things go wrong, his fire power can heal him. Phoenix also has Ultimate which can give him a second life to allow him to try other dangerous games.
Here are all Phoenix skills and a few tips on how to use them better.
Remove the fire wall that blocks the view and damages anyone passing through it. You can bend the wall when you turn left while holding the left click.
- If Phoenix moves through its wall or stands inside it, it will recover, which can make this ability more useful in tight spaces.
- This wall doesn't really stop bullets, but it hides it enough that you can stop an enemy from killing it by just throwing it like a screen. If they see you through the eyes, they will have to be very lucky to kill you.
Spread a thin line that shines brightly after a short delay, temporarily blurring all observers. Right-click left, right-click left.
- Always use this ability in the corner, if you try to throw it straight it will blind you. The curve around it is about 90 degrees so it's easy to level it around the corner before descending.
- This ability can blind you and your partners to being careful how you use it.
Signature Hand: Hot Hands
Throw a fire ball that explodes after a delay or when it hits the ground. Fireplace hurts enemies, and heals you.
- This ability is excellent for making enemies think twice before stepping out the door or into a narrow passage.
- While this ability is great the rejection of a property does not do a ton of damage, so don't be afraid to use it to create a health pool.
Final Power: Use it back
Mark your current location. If you die during the term of this skill, or when this period of skill expires, you will be reborn in a place with marks of perfect health.
- Whatever you do while this skill is working will come back with you when you return to the place where you started the skills. So if the Spike is in bad shape you can raise your power, hold it, and if the enemy kills you, you'll just accumulate when you start to bring it back.
- Be careful where you leave your first Run it Back location. There will be fire down there so it's easy to see and if the enemy escapes from it they will wait for you to come back and kill you during the animation before you move.
- This skill is also great for starting around. If you are an attacker you can run to the site and get a few killings or collect important information. If you are a defender you can throw yourself into the enemy team and hold yourself in awe without risking your life.
Vox Media has a partnership. This has no effect on editorial content, or Vox Media may earn money for products purchased through affiliate links. For more information, see ours ethics policy.