With no olympics for ligsjack, ducks, Australian Rules Football or kickboxing broadcasts, ESPN is now turning to independent supermarkets to save themselves this afternoon.
From noon on ESPN2, World Leader will launch an esports race program that includes two live events: Formula 1 of the Virtual Grand Prix with four real-time drivers, and the first round of the NBA 2K Tournament, also featuring actual NBA stars .
The block also includes previous contests for Rocket League, Apex mythology and Madden NFL, no stranger to the network. Schedule (all EDT sessions):
- Day: Madden NFL 20 Classic – This is a re-run of last year's tournament, held from August 30 to September 1 in Arlington, Texas.
- 1 p.m .: Madden NFL 20 A team victory – Another recap, of the December 17-20 tournament held at Electronic Arts headquarters, with a prize pool of $ 703,000.
- 2 p.m: Madden NFL 20 The challenge – Jan. 30, 30 to February 1, this is the last of three tournaments whose defeat extends to the Madden Bowl – scheduled for April 23 to 25. But on March 14, Electronic Arts announced that it would suspend all live competitions "until the state of the global coronavirus improves." Contests and broadcasts where players are online and separated from each other can continue.
3 p.m: F1 Esports Virtual Grand Prix – This is a live event featuring drivers Charles Leclerc (Ferrari), Lando Norris (McLaren), Alex Albon (Red Bull), Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo) Nicholas Latifi and George Russell (both Williams) F1 2019
- 4:30 p.m. Season 8 Rocket League World Championship – The tournament is closed Rocket League2019 season in December. Viewers will find NRG Esports and Renault Vitality in front of a stadium crowd in Madrid, Spain.
- 6 p.m. NBA 2K Player Contest – Back to live competition. The first round of the tournament includes four matches: Montrezl Harrell (Los Angeles Clippers) vs Domantas Sabonis (Indiana); Donovan Mitchell (Utah) vs Rui Hachimura (Washington); Devin Booker (Phoenix) vs Michael Porter Jr. (Denver); and Andrew Drummond (Cleveland) vs DeMarcus Cousins (Los Angeles Lakers). Saturday, Derrick Jones, Jr. (Miami), Deandre Ayton (Phoenix), Trae Young (Atlanta), and Patrick Beverley (Clippers) all won to advance in the second round. The NBA 2K Players Competition is one tournament, eliminating 16 players on the Xbox One, which will be held on April 11. The grand prize is a $ 100,000 donation, which supports coronavirus efforts, to the organization you love.
- 10 p.m. EXP Apex mythology Pro-Am – ESPN hosted the charity event in July 2019, which donated $ 25,000 to The V Foundation for Cancer Research. The three squad-players include athletes, celebrities, flowers and esports pros.