Ready to make history? Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War marks the epic return of one of the most thrilling and unforgettable video game series of all time, available today for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
The game offers three modes: a thrilling multiplayer mode, an exciting new story in Zombies co-op mode and a stunning single player campaign, all linked by theme.
With cross-play and cross-progression features available, along with a new linked progression system between multiplayer and zombies, players can compete against their friends while winning the prestigious Prestige Master title every season, regardless the platform they are playing on.
Let’s prepare for the Black Ops experience.
Campaign: The Black Ops Cold War Single-Player Experience is a direct sequel to the original Black Ops campaign and features a mind-boggling tale that includes the return of Alex Mason, Frank Woods and Jason Hudson. In addition to playing the role of Mason, you will create your own agent and join a CIA-led task force to find a global threat called “Perseus”, a Soviet agent who is about to change the balance of war. cold after decades of dormancy. Campaign missions include a variety of different play styles, such as close combat, stealth, and long range scenarios.
A few tips will help you uncover a Cold War conspiracy spanning decades during the campaign.
1. Nowhere to go. This first mission is a great way to learn the mechanics of the game, such as aiming, shooting, using equipment, taking cover, and moving. Take this opportunity to sort out your difficulty and learn your individual strengths and weaknesses with Alex Mason before creating an agent for the rest of the campaign.
2. Psych Up for character creation. From damage buffs to the ability to carry extra gear and more, the psychological profile is the most important part of building your own agent. Make sure you spend a few minutes here and explore all of the options to fit how you want to experience your current game.
3. Psychological profile of the recommended new player. If you lose health often or want a bit of protection against premature death, create one of your Survivor psychological profiles, which increases your health by 25%, and the other reliable, which reduces damage taken. at 30% stop. .
4. Don’t turn down a chance to withdraw. Maintaining melee control triggers a Takedown, which involves grabbing an enemy and using it as a shield before finishing them off or throwing them at an enemy group with explosive surprise. Use it whenever possible, as it can be extremely effective against large groups of enemies and when coverage is limited.
5. Do not check any corners. As well as protecting yourself from enemy soldiers, use this adage to explore the countryside, especially when it comes to dialogue options. Feel free to replay the campaign and explore different ways of collecting information on enemies, even if it means breaking a few bones along the way …
Multiplayer: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s signature multiplayer experience offers a variety of fun and competitive modes with customizable loadouts and a redesigned progression system. Fight alongside and against members of the Call of Duty community in a variety of traditional multiplayer offerings – including Team Deathmatch, Domination, Free-For-All, and more – and a variety of 6v6 objective modes, including the all new VIP Escort and the return to Control. Experience the thrill of 12v12 combat with combo-weapon vehicles, or team up with three other players for the game’s biggest multiplayer experience where 10 teams of four operators battle for supremacy on the biggest maps on offer.
Thanks to Create-a-Class, you’ll have an ultra-customizable loadout to carry into battle, with a versatile terrain upgrade and a revolutionary Wildcard to suit your playstyle. Rack up kills and play objective play to earn Scorestreaks, powerful rewards ranging from badass weapons to controllable air vehicles that deliver devastating power in combat.
Successful denial operations require all the best information.
1. Create class previews from default uploads. The five predefined loadouts provide great examples of how to create a solid custom loadout. If you’re not sure where to start with a new custom loadout, feel free to borrow directly from the defaults before adjusting it further to your personal playstyle.
2. Combined weapons: a vehicle for victory. Considering the size of 12v12 Combined Arms maps, consider taking smaller vehicles, like a Dirt Bike or Wakerunner, to get to the next objective faster. Otherwise, if there are an overwhelming number of enemies, take a bigger vehicle, like a tank or gunboat, to open their position and help your team move forward.
3. Fireteam Dirty Bomb: Exploration leads to domination. Take the time to check out buildings and other notable areas for caches, which will contain Uranium, armor, and even self-relaunch kits and Scorestreaks. While it can be tempting to jump into combat right away, a little exploration can load your team with tools that can easily turn the tide of multi-team combat, not to mention granting enough uranium. to detonate and set off a dirty bomb. .
4. Low scores are better than scores without a score. If you’re struggling to earn expensive Scorestreaks, there’s no shame in equipping ones that require fewer points to earn. Some of them, like the Spy Plane, provide perks for the whole squad and give you extra XP for each teammate assisted, and even a well-placed RC-XD can take out an enemy squad huddled around. an objective.
5. Seasonal Prestige: Your Key to Bragging. Have you won all of the loading items? Well. Continue to level up to unlock the Season’s Designated Weapon Blueprint and Legacy Profile Items with Seasonal Prestige. Entering this progression path also unlocks new Seasonal Challenges, which offer additional Calling Card rewards for completing some of the game’s more difficult objectives.
Zombies: This cooperative experience introduces you and up to three other Operators to fend off legions of undead horrors as operatives of Requiem, a CIA-backed international response team led by Grigori Weaver tasked with ‘investigate and remove supernatural anomalies in the world.
While coming face-to-face with rival Omega Group, a Soviet-led organization seeking to research and potentially exploit these anomalies for themselves, Requiem Agents will utilize upgradeable perks and an arsenal of era Zombies weapons. of the Cold War against waves of the living dead. , as well as uncover decades-old secrets that could disrupt the world order.
This is also where you can play the third installment of the cooperative top-down arcade shooter from the Black Ops series! Take part in a match from the Zombies menu with your team and survive as long as possible in challenging new arenas, open world spaces, bonus zones and randomly generated dungeons.
Finally, for all PlayStation 4 and 5 players, first get access to the Zombies Onslaught bonus mode when you purchase Black Ops Cold War. This 2-player co-op activity extends the Zombies experience to multiplayer maps from locations around the world. The goal – to survive. Survive long enough and reap exclusive rewards.
If you really want to master the Zombies experience, listen to the advice of the Requiem team.
1. Remember: the progression continues. The multiplayer upgrade offers loading elements into zombies, and all weapon experience and attachments are kept between modes. The more you play in either mode, the more revolutionary weaponry and abilities you’ll unlock to help you reach those high towers.
2. The Mystery Box: Risk vs. Reward. While spending points on a random weapon might seem risky, the Mystery Box has a chance to give you some powerful new weapons, including the iconic Ray Gun, and weapons of greater rarity than what you are currently using. If you have any points to spare on subsequent turns, find that light in the sky and let it lead you to the Mystery Box for a potentially massive firepower boost. Keep in mind that for the first time, the chances of the Mystery Box providing weapons of greater rarity increase as cartridges increase.
3. Follow the steps, achieve salvation. “Die Maschine” includes a handy step-by-step onscreen guide to help you and your team power up – which activates all machines around the map – and unlock the Pack-a-Punch machine, a powerful device that upgrades weapons to make them fit to fight increasingly harsh waves of undead. In other words, achieving these initial goals is crucial to your success and is essential to building a top-level race.
4. You don’t have to come down with the fight. Completing an Exfil rewards you and the whole team for surviving a final horde and escaping the map. After summoning an Exfil, rush to safety and push back the undead horde one last time, and you’ll receive bonus EXP and the chance to earn Raw Etherium Crystals to help improve your skills. .
5. Squads govern the ranks of the Requiem. Zombies is built on cooperative play; grab friends or communicate with your random teammates often using the new Ping locator system to make sure everyone can handle the higher towers and help open those intricate Easter Eggs.
Welcome to Brink
Post-Launch Content and Warzone: Black Ops Cold War is expected to have live seasons after launch with a load of new post-release content free of charge for all players on all platforms simultaneously. These live seasons will also allow the continued evolution of Warzone, which now includes operators from Black Ops Cold War.
Whether you enjoy blasting the living dead with friends, dominating multiplayer, or embarking on a global campaign, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has something for you. Immerse yourself in the action now on PS4 or PS5.