It’s gametime! The NFL and the Rocket League are gearing up for the Super Bowl kick off next week with our latest in-game event: the NFL Super Bowl LV Celebration. The event brings the all-new game mode, Gridiron, along with new event challenges and the return of the NFL Fan Pack. It all starts on February 2 and will be live until February 8.
Hit the Gridiron
Huddle! Champions Field has been transformed, with hash marks and the NFL logo at the 50 yard line. But before you hoist the trophy in victory, you must learn the rules.
Here are the rules of Gridiron:
- The standard Rocket League ball has been replaced with an American football in this 4v4 mode.
- Touching the ball attaches it to the roof of your car.
- If a player touches the ball, that player becomes the ball carrier, opening up the possibility of transfers to teammates or steals by the other team.
- The carrier can jump in singles, but the double jump drops the ball. You can also pass the ball by dodging.
- Each goal is 3 or 7 points: 7 points are awarded if the ball is attached to a player when entering the opponent’s goal, and 3 points are awarded if the ball is passed or if the ball is free . All counter-goals are worth 3 points, whether the ball is attached or loose.
- Demos require supersonic speed, just like in standard modes.
- Stay within the limits! You’ll feel the ball if you cross the line marked on the arena wall.
Now put on your pads, get out there and have fun. Additionally, we’re adding three event challenges that can be completed to unlock the Gridiron Guru, NFL Wheels player title, and 20,000 XP. These challenges and the Gridiron LTM playlist are live February 2-8.
To complete the festivities, the NFL Fan Pack will return to the Item Shop. In case you missed it when it was available, this pack contains octane decals for all 32 NFL teams and is available for 800 credits. Equip your favorite team sticker, hit the Gridiron, and be sure to share some of your highlights. Hut hike!